Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my 2016 Rebel to the dealership due to the fact my suspension is stuck in the "Normal" setting. They did some diagnostics and said the compressor was the problem, but quoted me $3300 for the repair. I figured this was somthing I could do on my own and not pay that insane price. After some research, it seems like a pretty straight forward repair. Does anyone have any expirence with this, as I have little to no expirence with air ride systems? I assume I will have to drain the air in the system to replace it, but have no idea how to do this and my hanes shop manaul doesnt cover it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
94 Posts
Well an air system is a pretty simple system far as I can say. Should just bolt on. My only concern with the high price is, is it air in the system or did they use nitrogen or something?
modes your air ride ever exhaust air into the atmosphere? If it does, it should be just air in the system.
Reasons like this is why I avoided the air ride, coilovers are tried and true. As far as bolting on a compressor, should be fairly simple. Lubricate any o-rings with pneumatic oil so they seat correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is my concern with replacing it, if there is nitrogen. I have experience driving fire trucks with air ride, and have never heard the bleeding off that you get on a larger truck when the air system exhausts into the air. I wish I would have bought one without air suspension

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ram Rebel
94 Posts
Unless you really love the air suspension have you thought of removing it? You can probably get all the suspension parts required with that price. (Not positive as I haven't priced it out)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Unless you really love the air suspension have you thought of removing it? You can probably get all the suspension parts required with that price. (Not positive as I haven't priced it out)
Less mine was less than 2500 but if you can do the work yourself you can do it for as little as 800 and some change

·
Registered
258 Posts
Any reccomendation on kits?
Some where there on the first page are the parts I used I have no complaints with the ranchos but that being said I am looking at fox right now if you wanna use something else only parts yould need from my list would be the rear springs and spring insulators other than that your free to choose almost whatever itll fit the same as a regular old 1500

1 - 7 of 7 Posts