Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tips are looking really sad. Does anyone know the tube diameter of the exhaust right before the tip is installed?

Thank you in advance. Wife stole the truck this am...

·
Registered
277 Posts
my tips are looking really sad. Does anyone know the tube diameter of the exhaust right before the tip is installed?

I just saw this thread and I did a catback replacement of the factory exhaust.

They have a clamp to hold on the tips for the 17 model year, but I also noticed a small tack weld that would need to be cut in order to remove the tips.

I have seen a few replacements for the factory tips as follows:

·
Registered
1 Posts

They have a clamp to hold on the tips for the 17 model year, but I also noticed a small tack weld that would need to be cut in order to remove the tips.

Just dipped mine. No tack weld.

·
Registered
111 Posts

No, I don't know the exact diameter - I don't have a set of calipers to measure that size. With a tape measure, looks like 2.5 or 2.75 inches.

·
Registered
111 Posts

The Flowmaster guy unbolted the clamp and took the factory exhaust tip off. He showed the tack weld and said 'Just work the clamp back and forth a few times and and the weld will break.' Wonder if it's really that easy...?

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Flowmaster guy unbolted the clamp and took the factory exhaust tip off. He showed the tack weld and said 'Just work the clamp back and forth a few times and and the weld will break.' Wonder if it's really that easy...?
If it is to hard to break off as shown on the video you could try a Dremel with a cutting blade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.