Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researching wheels ends up quite the gruesome task...

Anyone have their favorite site to research wheels?

I am specifically looking for each wheel weight. Most sites don't seem to have that available...

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
A lot of them don't even disclose the weights. An example is Meyham Wheels. I won't buy unless I know I have at least 3 lbs saved.
Why 3 lbs? If I recall correctly, these tire/wheel combos already weigh about 85 lbs. 3 lbs is about 3.5% change, not very big when comparing all the rubber.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least 3lbs because the BFG KO2's are 2lbs heavier than the stock Toyo. I don't want to add more weight. Of course, if I can find a wheel that's 22lbs (which is again a nightmare) that's be of course quite great...
And when you think about it, it's whatever weight saving per wheel.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
At least 3lbs because the BFG KO2's are 2lbs heavier than the stock Toyo. I don't want to add more weight. Of course, if I can find a wheel that's 22lbs (which is again a nightmare) that's be of course quite great...
And when you think about it, it's whatever weight saving per wheel.
Thought about it before my first response. That's a 12 lb savings for all 4, still just 3.5% change in total wheel/tire package weight reduction. Probably not enough to have a measurable effect on rolling resistance. And pretty much trivial in relation to the truck as a whole. (it's about 0.2% of the entire truck) Toss a 12-pack of beer in the back seat and you've probably overcompensated for the loss. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought about it before my first response. That's a 12 lb savings for all 4, still just 3.5% change in total wheel/tire package weight reduction. Probably not enough to have a measurable effect on rolling resistance. And pretty much trivial in relation to the truck as a whole. (it's about 0.2% of the entire truck) Toss a 12-pack of beer in the back seat and you've probably overcompensated for the loss. :)
You're probably right. it's one of those bad habits from the sport bike world: every once counts, especially rotational weight and unsprung weight. I'll be putting a glass pack and get rid of the the muffler all together. I'll also look for lighter weight rotors. Maybe this is all mute point in a truck but I figure it's as good as any other excuse to tell the GF we "need the upgrade"...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If I was interested in the wife's approval for mods to my truck, I'd just start putting pics in front of her and asking her which ones look better. Usually with her, "pretty" counts. If you know what I mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.