Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for opinions of those who have deleted their resonators on a Hemi Ram. I am exploring my options for better sound out of my Rebel. I'll either do a muffler swap to Corsa or Flowmaster or just do a resonator delete.

I want-

Better sounds(let that HEMI roar)
No LOSS of fuel mileage
No exhaust droan

Pros/Cons/Opinions????? Fire away!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 14 ram 1500. I went to the shop and asked to put the smallest muffler they had. Got it done for about 80 bucks and never had a problem with it. I like it, you barely ever notice the drone in it and when I do I usually just take it off of eco mode. The dealer didn't really notice the difference when I went to see what they would give me for trade either. I'm probably going to get the muffler delete on my next one. I guess they just sound awesome in person.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have no idea, but I looking forward to getting some feedback on this issue. Keep us posted on what, how and result of this mod, please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Spintech muffler on the way for my Rebel. I ordered the Super Pro Street 9000. I've read nothing but good things about these mufflers, low drone and great sound. The clips I herd on you tube sounded great, so I'm excited to get it in and installed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Spintech muffler on the way for my Rebel. I ordered the Super Pro Street 9000. I've read nothing but good things about these mufflers, low drone and great sound. The clips I herd on you tube sounded great, so I'm excited to get it in and installed.
Which model Spintech did you go with ? Is it the 3" inlet dual out ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking for opinions of those who have deleted their resonators on a Hemi Ram. I am exploring my options for better sound out of my Rebel. I'll either do a muffler swap to Corsa or Flowmaster or just do a resonator delete.

I want-

Better sounds(let that HEMI roar)
No LOSS of fuel mileage
No exhaust droan

Pros/Cons/Opinions????? Fire away!!!!
I replaced muffler with magnaflo and had both resonators removed and it sounds great. A deep tone and it's not overwhelming in the cab, but sounds awesome when getting on it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Justletro - Can you get some sounds clips and post thrm? What about the drone? Everything I've read about the resonators on new vehicles says NOT to remove them because they are solely there to remove drone from the cabin.

·
Registered
95 Posts
SPintech is definatly the one i had planned to go with. Has anyone crawled under and checked out the Y pipe? Is it still the crushed version from the other 1500's? Ii need to figure out if i need to order the replacement Y as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any updates on the muffler swap? Where's the sound clip?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any updates on the muffler swap? Where's the sound clip?
I got it installed and had them use stainless pipe and stainless band clamps. So everything is still stainless and no welds that way there is no place for rust to start. I love the sound of it. Very little drone and still very tolerable for highway driving. As far as a sound clip... I don't know how to post one so I'll have to try and figure that out and get one up as soon as possible

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got it installed and had them use stainless pipe and stainless band clamps. So everything is still stainless and no welds that way there is no place for rust to start. I love the sound of it. Very little drone and still very tolerable for highway driving. As far as a sound clip... I don't know how to post one so I'll have to try and figure that out and get one up as soon as possible
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for install? I know the muffler price from the website- I'm just trying to estimate the total cost for the upgrade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for install? I know the muffler price from the website- I'm just trying to estimate the total cost for the upgrade.
I paid $185 shipped for the muffler cuz I got stainless and then shipping. At the muffler shop I paid $187 and that included materials, parts, and labor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts