Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rebel cam with a drop in bed liner, I've heard bad things about the causing the bed to rust quicker. Want to do a spray in liner, both systems are about the same cost do curious about pros vs cons to each..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Rhino seems more rubbery, a little softer to set things on. Line-x feels thinner and harder to me. Both are good, more of a preference issue. I prefer Rhino because of some of the things I haul - I want the slight cushioning effect. Tools bouncing, etc. I had Rhino on one truck that I kept for over a decade. It never wore off, and I hauled pretty much anything you could think of in it. I did have to cut a bit out of the tiedown loops, it tends to be thick and there was too much inside the loops, so my hooks on my straps wouldn't fit in them. A really sharp knife and 10 minutes of swearing took care of that. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had both on trucks and the rhino liner faded a lil. The truck with the line-x never faded on me. The line-x is harder and to me feel a whole lot more durable. I've never had problems besides the fading accruing with the rhino. I liked the line-x better just based off of that

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have line-x and paid extra for the upgraded version that has Kevlar or something in it. They said it would not fade in the sun, nor would it stain if oil or anything spilled on it. So far, it hasn't faded at all in over a year and there are not any stains...but i haven't spilled anything back there, either. I like how durable and hard it is, too, because it feels like i won't damage the bed at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are a lot of articles about this exact topic. I don't have experience with either. I had a Ziebart product that lasted be 15 years before. a specific article says the shop, process the shop uses and workmanship will make the most difference rather than the product itself.
I'm leaning towards Line-x right now only because it's thinner. I still need to check the local shops.

·
Registered
157 Posts
mine came in with that plastic bed liner. I probably will take it out sometime during the summer and install the spray-on bed liner for cheaper than what the factory does with same quality

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.