Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just reaching out to all you guys/gals. I got my 2017 Rebel a while back and after a couple quick excursion on some rocky trails my steps took a little damage and like all great people i decided to think. I am looking at the N-Fab RKR Rails (Manufacturers of high quality Nerf Steps, Prerunners, Harley Bars, Light Bars, Replacement Front Bumpers, Rock Rails, Rear Runners, Tire Carriers & Truck Accessories). Does anyone already have these on their beautiful truck and if you do can you upload a picture and experience with them so far?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Going to get my truck measured for frame attached rock sliders, next Wednesday. If you're looking for protection, you'll need to buy rock sliders that attach to the frame. If you just need a replacement step, the RKRs look pretty slick.
yea I am going through with the White Knuckle Off-Road sliders. they attach at the frame and are the only ones that I could actually find that are true sliders

·
Registered
335 Posts
White Knuckle is what I'm looking at too... Are you planning to go with the .120 or .188 version? I imagine the .188 version is a lot tougher, and they're only 10# heavier...

Speaking of weight, these suckers are 110# ... each!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
White Knuckle is what I'm looking at too... Are you planning to go with the .120 or .188 version? I imagine the .188 version is a lot tougher, and they're only 10# heavier...

Speaking of weight, these suckers are 110# ... each!
Doing the 188

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea man, those are nice.
total cost for me for the 188s powder coated is 1280 and just have to wait until they are ready to ship
if you are looking to buy then but don't have the money you don't get charged until they are ready to ship so 4 to 6 weeks. So you can order them and then they will charge your card that they have on file or pay pal at that time(4 weeks after you order)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just looking at those and how far they stick out and how far the frame sits under the body they are going to flex up into the body if you put the full weight of the truck on a big rock. I’ve wheeled plenty and the NFabs are definitely serviceable. I just threw them on my rebel and I’m gonna have a buddy weld some braces that bolt to the frame. They tuck really close to the pinch seam where the white knuckles stick way out. With all that leverage they are bound to flex and sent the body. Also You’re not going to be in “big rocks” as these trucks have a long wheelbase and limited travel. For what you’ll be getting into the nfabs should Work just fine. I’ll be testing them out soon enough and post some pictures up here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just looking at those and how far they stick out and how far the frame sits under the body they are going to flex up into the body if you put the full weight of the truck on a big rock. I’ve wheeled plenty and the NFabs are definitely serviceable. I just threw them on my rebel and I’m gonna have a buddy weld some braces that bolt to the frame. They tuck really close to the pinch seam where the white knuckles stick way out. With all that leverage they are bound to flex and sent the body. Also You’re not going to be in “big rocks” as these trucks have a long wheelbase and limited travel. For what you’ll be getting into the nfabs should Work just fine. I’ll be testing them out soon enough and post some pictures up here

from what i was seeing with the ones they had on the power wagon they seemed to hold up to decent scrapping. not looking to go and use them to swing around obstacles but don't want to has a pair of nerfs that just bend and roll up on my door.

·
Registered
86 Posts
from what i was seeing with the ones they had on the power wagon they seemed to hold up to decent scrapping. not looking to go and use them to swing around obstacles but don't want to has a pair of nerfs that just bend and roll up on my door.
Agreed. You’re not going to be making tight turn in off camber situations in these trucks. Depends on what you’re looking to do

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed. You’re not going to be making tight turn in off camber situations in these trucks. Depends on what you’re looking to do

My driver side nerf bar has been pushed back about 1 and a half inch and up about one and the passenger has a decent scrap on it. Hence why I want actual protection vice mock protection

·
Registered
229 Posts
I spoke with one guy who measured the truck for a winch mount and sliders. My concern is that he's going to charge too much for either. I'm not sure he has much of a clue on how to build a business.

That said, we'll see what he comes back with on cost of each. He was talking about being in the same price range as White Knuckle and I told him he'd better make a 50% better product at that price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I spoke with one guy who measured the truck for a winch mount and sliders. My concern is that he's going to charge too much for either. I'm not sure he has much of a clue on how to build a business.

That said, we'll see what he comes back with on cost of each. He was talking about being in the same price range as White Knuckle and I told him he'd better make a 50% better product at that price.
Why 50% better?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Finally came in and took a while to put them on. Much longer than I expected but done. Need to get two of the plates machined a little but very happy with how they feel and look
They look great. I'm waiting for mine; hopefully done in the next week or so.

How do you like them? Do they function well as steps compared to the OE side steps? Can you feel their weight at all when driving the truck?

Any tips or tricks to share regarding the installation?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts