Ram Rebel Forum banner

Do you like it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could not find this anywhere, but I got my first truck and REALLY wanted roll bars on it. But also love the RamBoxes and I wanted to install a roll-n-lock cover protector. I liked the look of the stock cab protector, so I bought one and then modified it to fit.

I think it looks great! I had to cut a few inches off the side braces and bend, re-weld, and repaint them for the Rambox to open. I also had to cut a notch in the lower square tubing for the roll up cover to fit under. But the rollbars are so beefy that that little bit of missing metal didn't affect it in the least. I then customized the plastic covers so it the rollbars fit snug against the steel body (also mounted it in a 3 bolt configuration).

In any case, it all worked, and I like the outcome. I couldn't find anyone who had did this (only a bunch of people saying you cant mount rollbars with ramboxes, or roll up covers). Yes, I know you can get the canopy type, but I dont liek that look at all. In any case, I gave it a try.

I am far from a good welder or painter (suck at both so be gentle in the comments), and I clearly could have did a better job at both aspects, but hey I have a roll bar, and I like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
, looks good man...... N if u like it who cares what others think. Hopefully u put a piece of rubber under the roll bar where it meets the bed, I would assume there would be some rubbing enough to cause it to rust later. And just watch the 1 weld on the passenger side, those tiny holes in the weld will b the 1st place water will sit and cause u headaches.

They say it can't be done but with a little ingenuity and some work,..... U did fella. Nice job!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I filled under it with silicon before bolting everything down, so hopefully that helps prevent rust down the road.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well at least ur thinking ahead. I wish I didn't have my truck box, or I would definitely have that bed cover. I have too much in there though to get rid of it........ I even looked at going to the smaller 20" weatherguard, but it is packed full and couldn't really take any tools out of there to reduce the size

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts