Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the Rbp Performance D0989Qc-Rx3 Step Nerf Bar? Anyone either have or seen one on a Rebel? Can't find a good photo of one mounted. They say "easy mounting but couldn't find instructions. Looking for something heavy duty so folks aren't dinging my doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If you're talking about not dinging your doors in parking lots, I don't know that nerf steps will help. They tend to sit in close to your truck's body, and below the level or other people's doors, unless you lift your truck about 10" or so. I just park way out in the parking lots away from everyone else. Seems that 99% of people are too damned lazy to walk an extra 10 feet. Don't believe me? Watch the people in a parking lot sitting waiting for someone to leave an empty space when one is already open just 2 or three spaces further away from the store.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those RBP steps are stupid expensive, last time I checked they were around $800. Looking at the install instructions online you will have to do some drilling for each bracket as well, for that kind of money they should be easy bolt on installation and or some nice rock rails.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you're talking about not dinging your doors in parking lots, I don't know that nerf steps will help. They tend to sit in close to your truck's body, and below the level or other people's doors, unless you lift your truck about 10" or so. I just park way out in the parking lots away from everyone else. Seems that 99% of people are too damned lazy to walk an extra 10 feet. Don't believe me? Watch the people in a parking lot sitting waiting for someone to leave an empty space when one is already open just 2 or three spaces further away from the store.
I like when you park way out back and the person with the 1500 dollar minivan parks right next to you.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah. I always wonder if they have things in there they don't want anyone to know about. Kidnap victims, hostages, dirty bombs. .... :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like when you park way out back and the person with the 1500 dollar minivan parks right next to you.
At least the minivan only has two door that can hit your truck. Years ago I parked at a fair and a family parked next to me and the kid in the back seat actually kicked the door open so hard into my car that it creased the body panel. I was so pissed. It was a huge pain in the butt to get him to exchange information so I could get it fixed. He eventually sent me a check for the estimate amount. If that was my kid he'd have worked that money off around the house.

Some people's kids... o_O

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have a feeling I'll be doing some D-bag 2spot parking when I take delivery in a few weeks. Seeing a fresh dent in the door of my brand new truck might incline me maybe kick someone's door in, so I'll be avoiding that situation. :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Have a feeling I'll be doing some D-bag 2spot parking when I take delivery in a few weeks. Seeing a fresh dent in the door of my brand new truck might incline me maybe kick someone's door in, so I'll be avoiding that situation. :D
Wrap it in bubble wrap before you leave it

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Only once in my life have I caused a door ding, and that was in a bad windstorm that literally ripped the door out of my hand as I was fighting to get into my jeep. Hit a city truck though so I didn't worry much. The wife works at a community college, and her car, which is now 4 years old, is full of door dings from parking in the lot. Students don't pay a bit of attention. First ding happened 2nd day she owned it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Heheh, sorry. But you got your answer in the very first reply. Nerf bars sit too low to prevent door dings. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's funny. I just traded in my Jeep for the Rebel. The Jeep cost me $27 thou new. On the Jeep forum guys are doubling and tripling the cost of their Jeeps with add-ons. I had rock sliders that cost me $250 on my Jeep but they rusted within a month. I am not going to put a lot of additions on the Rebel (because it came with almost everything I could want) but I don't want rusty Chinese rock rails on a $40 thou rig, plus there are a lot more limited options being made for the Ram than there were for the Jeep, plus I'm an old man with money. When I die and my kids are looking for their inheritance they're gonna have to bring their tools and strip **** off my truck and sell it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Steps are not going to prevent anyone from dinging your truck with their door. My previous truck was parked at our local college and had a couple dings in it from inconsiderate asshats. It's not just young students either. The majority of the students at this college are mature students. I find if people own junk or have never owned a new vehicle they respect other's property much less.

Rock sliders: N-Fab. I think they do just plain rock sliders without the steps.

I am currently waiting on a reply from my local source to purchase the N-Fab nerf bar steps. I eyed them for my previous truck too. JohnJ's picture sold it to my wife who is now complaining about no steps and says she can't get in the truck without entry/exit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will say that on a college campus, you are better off buying a $500 beater to drive to class in. My younger brother just got a used Lexus ES in mint condition, Not a blemish on the thing and the first day he had it on campus he came home with a crease on his passenger door. Kid was fuming mad! Told his ass too.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Agreed. My wife is CIO at a community college. Most of the students are working adults. But there are always some... Mall parking lots are no better.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I refuse to park anywhere but a double wide handicap spot. I do have a handicap and can't walk more than fifty feet at a time tho. I refuse to let someone get near her!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts