Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a retractable bed cover for my 17 black edition I just picked up Monday. I've heard great reviews about the REtrax line, but they're not water proof nor are they quiet on a bumpy road. Has anyone had great experience with any of the other brands?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
If your looking for water proof cover good luck. I have the bak2 cover which I love, but they claim it to be water proof, after a few weeks of heavy down pours, water found its way in. Personally I don't care and not a requirement for me, I like that it's a tri-fold, it's solid and quiet down the road and I can secure my valuable items as in once the tailgate is up and locked so is the bed cover.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your looking for water proof cover good luck. I have the bak2 cover which I love, but they claim it to be water proof, after a few weeks of heavy down pours, water found its way in. Personally I don't care and not a requirement for me, I like that it's a tri-fold, it's solid and quiet down the road and I can secure my valuable items as in once the tailgate is up and locked so is the bed cover.
I'm looking for a roll up cover, but if a tri-fold is quieter, I may go with that. other than not being totally water tight, how do you like it? Do you have pics of it on?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Gator has a really nice one I'm thinking about getting. It's on the pricy side around $3000 but it's made from aircraft alloys and I believe it has like a rhino lining on it.

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I'm looking for a roll up cover, but if a tri-fold is quieter, I may go with that. other than not being totally water tight, how do you like it? Do you have pics of it on?
I love mine. Hands down. Does what I need it to do and looks great on the truck too. It kinda completes the truck. No pics, but there are plenty on the web....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vehicle Car Trunk Pickup truck Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Truck bed part Pickup truck
Have the metal Retraxx and have not had any leaking or rattling issues. Maybe a tighter fit on the Rambox version? Granted, I do not tear it up off road, but not an issue on fire roads. Functions easy and smooth after you open an close it a bunch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.