Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw this on A.D.D.’s website... I emailed them to ask if they knew how the install went but they advised that the customer had pre-installed it prior to buying the bumper. Anyone get anywhere with the whole lift kit discussion yet? Or maybe this guy is on the forums and can give us some insight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little update, I’ve gone back to the ADD website and the Rebel is no longer pictured

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I answered my own question but I’ll leave this here in case anyone visits this thread. Rough country has said that their 6” inch lift does in fact fit Rebel models... if admin wants to delete this thread, that’s fine with me. I’m just posting this for closure lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Only fits models without air suspension, or requires removal of air suspension. The bds 6”coilover kit is a far better product if you’re looking to ditch the air suspension.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looking at the kit itself, it’s spacers not new springs. It will not work with air suspension without buying struts and springs. At that point it would probably cost more than a coilover system. Don’t buy a $50k+ truck and then put a budget suspension on it. That’s like running cheap tires on a sports car, defeats the purpose and makes it worse than stock in my opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys I should’ve state that from the beginning. I opted for traditional suspension because I knew a lift was likely in my future. No airbags on my baby...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at the kit itself, it’s spacers not new springs. It will not work with air suspension without buying struts and springs. At that point it would probably cost more than a coilover system. Don’t buy a $50k+ truck and then put a budget suspension on it. That’s like running cheap tires on a sports car, defeats the purpose and makes it worse than stock in my opinion.
Also just to put it out there.... I left the dealership at $49,799 with GAP included lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Better late than never to the party! Yeah that's my Rebel. Called RC last Aug/Sept they said yep it will fit, then in transit, they updated the specs and said it wouldn't. Spent countless hours crawling under every variant of a 4x4 1500 at the dealer my buddy works at. Took measurements, crunched numbers, looked good to me. BTW dealer/wholesale cost is $930, use that info to negotiate price. Called a couple of my buddies and set a Saturday to do it. We all started out in the minitruck scene so after we looked at install directions, took measurements and we're like, if we encounter any probs it's nothing we can't work or fab around, we got a plasma cutter, lots of steel and a welder. If ya use the OEM Rebel front shock then do not add the preload spacer, that's going to wonky everything up. Front brake lines on the Rebel do not pass thru the frame as the regular run 'o the mill 1500's so that took some persuasion. Kit don't come with zerk fittings for the front ball joints. The items supplied for the front and rear diff breather relocation is a joke, you'll need longer tubing to get it way up there in the engine bay. Other than that, rest of the install was a breeze. Eyeball aligned it and took it on Monday to an alignment shop that aligns lifted, lowered and bagged vehicles. Tech said we did a good job for an eyball, he put it right in spec. Just turned 10k today, it's been on since 1100 miles and I have zero complaints. This is my 4th RC lift and understand the limitations of what I purchased, I take it offroading 1 or 2 times to get us back to our fav desert shooting spot. Hauled my 20 ft enclosed with the quads and tools, gear, fuel and perfect. I'm sure as hell not gonna go enter the Mint 400 with it but circle back to what I said earlier, I know the limitations. I only reg'd here to reply as one of the guys on the Facebook 5Th Gen Ram Owners club spotted it. Catch me over there if ya got any questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts