Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed the 5.7 engine runs rough and had a misfire when driving at speeds over 40 mph with the mds on or off when holding a steady speed? I can hear the misfire and a vibration in the truck. Mine started doing this at around 8K miles and when I downshift into 7 or a lower the missing sound increases with the engine speed. The dealer said there is no code, so it is running good. Total Bull. Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the 5.7 engine runs rough and had a misfire when driving at speeds over 40 mph with the mds on or off when holding a steady speed? I can hear the misfire and a vibration in the truck. Mine started doing this at around 8K miles and when I downshift into 7 or a lower the missing sound increases with the engine speed. The dealer said there is no code, so it is running good. Total Bull. Thanks

LOL.....typical shitty dealership. If there isn't anything telling them EXACTLY which part to replace, then they do NOTHING....never mind being a damn mechanic and trying to figure it out. You cannot completely fault them though, Chrysler won't reimburse them for the work unless the warranty work can be proven in some way. You can thank all of those shady unethical dealerships from years ago

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Very odd. A misfire will set off a code. Period. Even odder is that you only feel it at 40 mph.
You can go to advance auto and they will hook up their scanner and tell you if there is a code, or misfire and you can drive with it live and see if any misfires are occurring at 40 mph.

·
Registered
157 Posts
like what zim said above, usually a code will pop up. if it didn't pop up it might be something else that is happening. i would go to AAP and have them run a code check. also go spend $100 and buy a code reader and keep it in your truck. I learned to do that a while back with a jeep. cause of course when you see codes pop up you get scared about what it might be. sometimes the codes can be something simple like a gas cap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.