Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
S&B is on my list of researching Glad to see it fits / works. IT seems the best option as an enclosed system for an offroad truck

Outa curiosity I reached out to Vararam To see if they were going to have a compatable version but never heard back. Been a week so i may give up on them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you like it so far? Did it add much hp or torque or was it more for performance, sounds and looks?
It seemed to have made it a bit more peppy on take off, also noticed better fuel economy. Went on the same 130 mile trip this past weekend traveling around 75-80 mph and went from 14.6 to 16.7 judging by the instant fuel economy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
S&B is on my list of researching Glad to see it fits / works. IT seems the best option as an enclosed system for an offroad truck

Outa curiosity I reached out to Vararam To see if they were going to have a compatable version but never heard back. Been a week so i may give up on them.
Took some time to install, instructions say to remove rt fender liner, I loosened it enough to remove the factory mounting bolts for the factory air box. I would do it while it's still clean cuz I have about 3000 miles on mine and my arms were filthy..

·
Registered
426 Posts
It seemed to have made it a bit more peppy on take off, also noticed better fuel economy. Went on the same 130 mile trip this past weekend traveling around 75-80 mph and went from 14.6 to 16.7 judging by the instant fuel economy.
Awesome to hear. I might go with and enclosed K&N intake. Haven't made up my mind yet. I for sure want more pep off the line. Better for quick take offs ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Vararam got back to me with the most basic of responses...

"Fits the 2015 5.7L"

lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spoke to one of Vararam dealers in the U.S and they said they were going to pre-fit it on a Rebel and get back to me. I had it on my sport and it made real power.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I spoke to one of Vararam dealers in the U.S and they said they were going to pre-fit it on a Rebel and get back to me. I had it on my sport and it made real power.
Do you live in a climate with snow? That's the only other thing that came up in my research it's terrible for snow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I live in Calgary, if it's really bad snow on the HWY it could be an issue. I got lucky and didn't have any issues. The grill protects a bit from the snow entering the Vararam but you could run stock in winter.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im looking at the K&N Blackhawk. Anyone tried this yet?
I also was looking at this one. My buddy had a Blackhawk CAI on his 2013 Ram 1500 Sport and said it was great. But he also drives his truck like a low ride car. He wont go through big puddles or off road too much if he doesn't have too.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
s&b is the way to go. price wise and function wise. put mine on the first night i got tha rebel
I'm really considering an S&B but I have yet to find where I can get it cheaper than a K&N. Is there much difference in torque and MPG savings? I had a K&N 77 series on my 09 and already miss it terribly.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
We
Yes I live in Calgary, if it's really bad snow on the HWY it could be an issue. I got lucky and didn't have any issues. The grill protects a bit from the snow entering the Vararam but you could run stock in winter.
Go from 40°C to -30°C here in Ontario. Not sure how that would better or worsen the functionality of a CIA. We get a moderate amount of snow here. Not sure what kind of CIA I should look at. Mine is a 2016...I guess mopar makes one if I'm gonna get one

1 - 20 of 48 Posts