Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I read on another forum about the Rebel’s bottom seat thread pattern cover basically separating from the seat cushion. I looked at mine when I got out of the seat (after driving for about 45 mins.) and saw what they were talking about. It’s almost like the cushion returned to normal but the thread pattern seat cover did not. I can take my hand and smooth the bulge out. I can only see this getting worse over time. Has anyone else noticed this? Could you look? I probably would not had notice if I wasn’t looking for it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called my dealer about this yesterday. He said they would have to take a picture and send it to Chrysler to see if they approve fixing it. At 7 months old it should not be doing this...
Let know what they do. On another forum someone had the cover and cushion replaced and the replacement did it too. Sounds like a design flaw to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will try to grab some tomorrow during the day, its hard to get it to show up well on a cell phone camera at night... best I could do...
And yes I realize it is not that bad right now, but after 8 months of use it shouldn't look like this yet. Also this picture was taken with the truck sitting all day. After a long ride it seems to be worse and eventually tightens up a little bit.
Car seat cover Vehicle Car Head restraint Car seat
Red Leather Textile Material property

I am really liking the leather Katskin Rebel seats on the 2017 Black edition....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah my Rebel seat does that a little. Also, though, my 2014 Sport seat did the same thing. I just had a 2017 Big Horn rental for a week and those seats did exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought my 16 Rebel in Nov. After the 3rd week and only 2 times it had been sat in, the passenger seat threading on the seams started unraveling. Dealer took pictures and a new cover was ordered. Picking it back up today after them changing it out..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Rebel, had the seat issue not long after i got the truck. At 10,000 seat cover was replaced, that did not fix the issue, next they replaced the cushion...still stretching. Tried again, claim denied Chrysler now saying its "normal" Called customer care they said take it to another dealer and have them see what they could do. Dealer submitted a claim to replace interior fabric with something different...claim denied, customer service told me there is nothing more i can do.... supervisor is supposed to call me tomorrow. GUYS, IF YOUR HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAVING THE DEALER CREATE STARR CASE SO THAT CHRYSLER KNOWS. They told me i was the only one, and are trying to skate on this. That is a new truck $50k plus. And the seat rippling is unacceptable. Please report your issues. Once we get enough complaints they will hopefully come up with a solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well Chrysler declined to fix it. My Service Writer advised waiting until closer to 36k miles to see if it gets worse and try again...
Chrysler is ridiculous... Cars with 200k miles on them don't do that...its poor materials. The reason they won't do anything is cause this is going to cost them some money once people catch on... Im dealing with the same issue and Chrysler won't do a dang thing. Im going to keep calling them tho.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not saying it 'ok', but like I said above, it's not limited to just the Rebel. My 2014 Sport did it and I had a 2017 Big Horn rental for a week and it did it too. The 2017 Big Horn did it pretty bad actually. According to my local upholstery shop, the 4th generation Ram's seat cover material has never been 'glued' to the cushion. I think my 2014 Sport seat cover was just less noticeable than my 2016 Rebel cover is with this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.