Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
page 17/18 of manual says dealer can remove the chime upon request. Dealer told me they couldn't do it ... that they had never done it before , buy it might be a California thing. I told them i would pick it up when they figured it out, so they did some more research. It is a simple setting in computer they can turn on or off. May seem ridiculous, but I don't like wearing my seatbelt to drive down a driveway and once the door locks engage, the thing never shuts up. The light will always come on, but the chime is off

·
Registered
24 Posts
This was posted before:

Seatbelt on.
press button once (ACC)
press button again (RUN)
wait for the seatbelt indicator to go out..
Disconnect and reconnect the seatbelt 3 times.
press button again (Off)

it will chime once telling you that it was disabled.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was reading that. Mine is a 17, so no idea on any differences. Not sure how dealer did it. They said something about plugging into computer and there is an option. I didn't ask how they did it, but it worked and it says specifically in the manual that the dealer can do it not necessarily that they were the only ones though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Text Font Line Document
@johnj

I saw this on another forum... Have not decided if i want to expand to other forums yet. What kind of modules are you referring to? I was looking for day running lights, tilt mirrors, and any other options that might be out there? It seems like everything is just some sort of software configuration?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There are only 2 rebel forums. Yes, i'm on both. Actually, quite a few of us are. :)

The modules are control modules that you can purchase, little electronic brains that provide different functions that aren't part of the truck already. I believe I provided links to examples for specific functions with several posts in that thread, iirc.

It's also easy to just google the functions you want. Search for things like "car window module automatic open" and start reviewing. It really depends on the functions you're wanting, because there are a lot of companies selling them, and a lot of differences between them. Window modules, for example, offer things like one-touch open, one-touch close, security alarm close-all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are only 2 rebel forums. Yes, i'm on both. Actually, quite a few of us are. :)

The modules are control modules that you can purchase, little electronic brains that provide different functions that aren't part of the truck already. I believe I provided links to examples for specific functions with several posts in that thread, iirc.

It's also easy to just google the functions you want. Search for things like "car window module automatic open" and start reviewing. It really depends on the functions you're wanting, because there are a lot of companies selling them, and a lot of differences between them. Window modules, for example, offer things like one-touch open, one-touch close, security alarm close-all.
Awesome! I appreciate all the information. This is the first time I have actually joined a forum... I was guilty of trolling through posts via google. In my defense, This is my third RAM, but my last truck was a Chevy, so I wasn't one of you Rebel people ... yet.

I will definitely look into those modules and see if i can find that thread again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.