Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to deactivate the seatbelt chime. In my 14 it was in the manual but for some reason on my 16 rebel it is no where to be found?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'd imagine some kind of resistor to fit the cable block would be required, pretty sure someone will be working on it, however, i couldn't imagine not wearing the belt under any situation

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd imagine some kind of resistor to fit the cable block would be required, pretty sure someone will be working on it, however, i couldn't imagine not wearing the belt under any situation
There is nothing more annoying then simply driving my truck around property up north and having to hear that damn chime every 5sec. I do wear my seatbelt when I'm driving but I have always hated the reminder chine because it's inconvenient and very annoying when you are going in and out of the truck driving around property doing work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
While you are driving around on your property you can maybe buckle up the seat belt without you being in the seat. This way you will be sitting with the seat belt behind you. It should think you are buckled in as long as there are no other high tech ways of the truck knowing that you are trying to trick it. Lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Was sitting in my rebel...just tried this 3 timer...didn't work for me

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
might want to try this

Yea this does not work, this are the steps for the 14-15 rams. I have tried this multiple times, it doesn't work because the beginning of the step says wait for the seatbelt icon to go off, well in the 16 rebel it does not go off.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm still on mission to figure this out....ticks me off when I wana work on her and listen to the radio

Q

·
0 Posts
There is nothing more annoying then simply driving my truck around property up north and having to hear that damn chime every 5sec. I do wear my seatbelt when I'm driving but I have always hated the reminder chine because it's inconvenient and very annoying when you are going in and out of the truck driving around property doing work.
Why cant you just get an extra clip and click it in the mechanisim, how is it going to know it is real. and then just use the belt when driving?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Could the Module, just be removed or covered so it isn't as loud?
I've searched and tried to find it and cant

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Why cant you just get an extra clip and click it in the mechanisim, how is it going to know it is real. and then just use the belt when driving?
@johnj already brought this up. On another note why spend money on it when you should be able to deactivate it or remove it?

Q

·
0 Posts
Go to Junk Yard find a 2015 Ram truck, and cut the seat belt clip out of the truck, problem solved.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Go to Junk Yard find a 2015 Ram truck, and cut the seat belt clip out of the truck, problem solved.
I'm not spending money on something so ridiculous. There should be a code or steps to turn it off like in any other vehicle.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Also interested in this. I've got a guy who works with me that gets in my truck and refuses to wear his seatbelt for the 15 min of driving to the job site. I want to kill myself everyday !

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Also interested in this. I've got a guy who works with me that gets in my truck and refuses to wear his seatbelt for the 15 min of driving to the job site. I want to kill myself everyday !
One...he wouldn't ever be riding with me without wearing it...I've stopped my truck and pulled over until my own father put his on and he's 100 lbs and 6 inches bigger than me...

Reactions: ARALPH30
1 - 20 of 67 Posts