Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 2017 Rebels. Blue with the Rebel blackout option. One has the Alipne stereo and one has a CD player. I still carry around CD binders so that's important, but is the Alipne worth it?

Also. The lease option is 2k down, $481 per month for 36 months. Buyout at the end is 29k. Thoughts?

MSRP is 54k with all the features.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Spend $200 and get an iPod...get an iTunes account and don't look back. Throw every single of your CD's onto iTunes for free and throw them on the iPod.

I was a late comer to this...I resisted. I was a huge CD person. I only owned about 400 CD's total but I had a 12 disc trunk CD changer on my 2004 Mercury Marauder. I sold it in 2014 still with the CD changer in it. I didn't buy an iPod until after I sold this vehicle in 2014. I'll never go back to CD's.

The CD in the Ram is in the center console...takes up 1/4 of the storage space. Don't get it.

Get the Alpine system...spend $200 to upgrade the (3) dash speakers and (2) rear door speakers (I went with Infinity speakers) Quick changeout...no cutting of wires...nothing but speaker upgrade...sounds much better....Youtube videos to change out...no extra amps or anything. Just change out the speakers.

Get the Alpine / Skip the CD player / Buy an iPod - Download ALL of your CD's to it (thousands of songs) and put the iPod into the upper console storage...plug it in and have full access to ALL of your songs...playlists...at the touch of a button. No changing CD's.

I'll never buy another CD....ever.

Get the one with the Alpine...upgrade the speakers ( can post links to install and where to buy ).

And go with the Rebel :) Great truck...Blue with blackout is a great looking vehicle. Good luck with your choice! If I can be of any assistance let me know. I'm serious though....skip the CD player. There is NO use for anyone to have one anymore with how useful iTunes is. Get an iPod and don't look back. You can download ALL of your CD's to iTunes for free...and put them on your iPod. I can't stress this enough. It is simply awesome to have.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Forgot to add...that lease is probably pretty good...thats where my 2014 Durango was when I traded it on my Ram.

Thats a great lease price for the 3 years. I say go for it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can't remember the last time I had CD's. All of my music is in iTunes and Google Play Music. Google allows you to store 50,000 songs that you own in their cloud for free. I only mention this because I recently switched from iPhones to the Google Pixel. So I had to find an easy way to move my music.

Google's music player automatically uploads new music from my computer to the cloud, which is then downloaded automatically to my phone. This way I can continue to purchase everything through iTunes, but I will still have it on my phone with no extra work.

I stick with iTunes because they have a wider/better selection of music for what I like to listen to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is a great monthly note, the buyout seems a little high though. For example I put 3k down on a 56kmsrp 12k miles a year and the buyout was 25k. Also I have the Alpine setup & been happy with it so far.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I miss my CD player in my 14 Bighorn, still have a **** ton of CD's from Germany. I still would like to have a CD player in the Rebel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts