Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I bought some Aries round side bars for my Rebel and the hardware (bolt bars) don't fit. Got them from Car-Id. I'm returning them for a refund because they said they don't have them for my truck. if you have them on your Rebel where did you get them? Did you have any trouble installing them? any info would be a big help. A lot of the websites say their bars fit 2015 Rams but now I'm leery to order any because of what happened. Thanks
( I'd post a pic but don't know how)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought the ICI Magnum RT Steps. Purchased online from autoanything.com about 3 week wait. 2014 Ram 1500 fit the Rebel. Look on this site, I have post on here with photos.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey gang, I bought some Aries round side bars for my Rebel and the hardware (bolt bars) don't fit. Got them from Car-Id. I'm returning them for a refund because they said they don't have them for my truck. if you have them on your Rebel where did you get them? Did you have any trouble installing them? any info would be a big help. A lot of the websites say their bars fit 2015 Rams but now I'm leery to order any because of what happened. Thanks
I installed Mopar ones they cost me $350 and took about 20-30mins to install
20150826_153355.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. do you by chance have a part number for the mopar steps? the web site at mopar.com said they don't have them for the rebel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Purchased mine Westin ProtraXX 4 $200:
Westin Pro Traxx 4" Oval Nerf Bars

Took about an hour to install...

UNBOXED:

I had to run to the hardware store and get 2 (4 total) bolts to fit the forward holes in the firewall as the rebel came with bolts already in these spots:

you will need to swap the DR and the PR to make the bars fit, the instructions are bad, or the parts are mislabeled?...

The rest is easy, for the most part.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
b

I used autoanything.com also, had to manipulate the final bolt, but was not a big deal. I ordered lund 5"bars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with the Aries 4" Big Step. Had to send the first set back because they sent the wrong ones(ordered through Amazon). I called Aries and Spoke to "Brad" in the tech dept. He assured me that the AL235033 were the ones I needed. So I placed another order. Well Brad was wrong. So I had to do a little grinding to get the hardware to fit through the rocker on the FWD position and use an 8mm bolt in place of the supplied 12mm bolt since the hole already had an anchor nut. This was done on both sides. Other than that I am happy with them. I'm going to call Brad at Aries on Monday and Suggest they take a look at the 2015 Rams so they can make applicable changes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I lucked out with my hardware. They supplied several different bolts and parts to cover different applications. 3 brackets on each side. Front bracket position on my Rebel had the anchor nuts on the lower two holes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with the ICI magnum rt steps. They sit closer to to the body. Should look great

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm assuming some of you have had trouble installing certain nerf bar/side steps due to the following bracket that is located on the front driver's side. Picked up a set of Lund Rock Rails, but it would have taken quite a bit of modification to get them to fit with that bracket. Looking at the ICI Magnum RT steps and it appears that some of the front bracket can be cut/shaved down slightly to fit with the bracket on the truck. Anyone have any other thoughts with this bracket? I know the OEM tube style bars and other aftermarket ones will fit but I am looking for the drop step style nerf bars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the Rebel, dodge made an update and added the bracket to the left front floor to rocker panel...I do not think anyone has a compatible bracket made for this yet.......Dodge did this because they had an issue with running boards tearing out of the rocker panels. So you do not want to remove it.

The companies will have a fix and design a compatible front bracket shortly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the Rebel, dodge made an update and added the bracket to the left front floor to rocker panel...I do not think anyone has a compatible bracket made for this yet.......Dodge did this because they had an issue with running boards tearing out of the rocker panels. So you do not want to remove it.

The companies will have a fix and design a compatible front bracket shortly.

I don't have this bracket on my 2015 Rebel.

1 - 20 of 429 Posts