Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new 2016 Ram Rebel and don't have it yet. One of the options I didn't get was the side steps. I was concerned about it ruining clearance. However, now I'm thinking that this truck might be hard to get in and out of. Did anyone else skip the side steps? If so, how difficult is getting in and out of the truck and do you put it in "entry" mode suspension before getting in and out all the time?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh right, I forgot about those. What's their rated weight capacity? Would they support a 300lb guy getting in and out with them all the time?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have no issues getting in and out of mine, but i'm 6'2"... and I never use entry/exit mode

·
Registered
332 Posts
My wife and I are similar height at around 6'. I have no problems getting in the truck at normal height. She complains and wants it lowered to entry/exit. I did not order the side steps for the same reasons as you. I didn't want to compromise clearance. Now, once I get the money for them, I am going to get N-Fab nerf bar steps as they do not take away much if any from the clearance and help to protect the rocker panels from damage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm 6'1", and I'm very glad to have the step some days, as this is my daily driver. I also have a wife and three kids, and if I didn't have the steps I would never hear the end of it!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Oh right, I forgot about those. What's their rated weight capacity? Would they support a 300lb guy getting in and out with them all the time?
Some are rated higher than others. You should check the ratings yourself to be sure. Just sayin'. I'm 6'6" and over 250 winter weight, so I bought some that have a real high rating.

I'm 6'1", and I'm very glad to have the step some days, as this is my daily driver. I also have a wife and three kids, and if I didn't have the steps I would never hear the end of it!
At my height, I really don't use my steps. Got them because the wife wanted some, but she's 5'. I've only used mine when testing them, and when clearing snow off the roof. So far, anyway.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I just ordered a new 2016 Ram Rebel and don't have it yet. One of the options I didn't get was the side steps. I was concerned about it ruining clearance. However, now I'm thinking that this truck might be hard to get in and out of. Did anyone else skip the side steps? If so, how difficult is getting in and out of the truck and do you put it in "entry" mode suspension before getting in and out all the time?

Truck Accessories : Truck Trim Accessories : Nerf Bars, Rocker Panels, Bed Caps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts