Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow the how-to on how to take the front bumper off, cause that is a breeze. I had the bumper off in less than 10 minutes last night, as for the skid plate that took me all of another hour and a half. Not complicated, just lots of screws to remove to get to the next screw to remove. I'm not going to tell you it was hard, but if you are not mechanically inclined I would mention that masking it off and Plasti Dipping it is probably not a bad idea. I wanted mine powder coated though so I took the time to take it off.
Okay thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the info. I have a shop and should be no problem. If it is just screws and bolts it will be bi problem. I am painting my skid plate black, tow hooks white and ram emblem white. I will post a picture when I'm done to show the new mod. Should look slick!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why would you want to remove it? isnt that one of the reasons somebody buys these trucks with that protection package included
I'm removing it to paint it black like the rest of my grill and I'm painting the ram symbol whit along with my tow hooks. So the even the front end of the truck is still white and black. I'm not taking it off for good. Just to paint it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm removing it to paint it black like the rest of my grill and I'm painting the ram symbol whit along with my tow hooks. So the even the front end of the truck is still white and black. I'm not taking it off for good. Just to paint it.
Oh haha well then go for it. Bet it will look sick. Haha was gonna question why your removing it haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Part they are referring to is the silver piece of your front bumper.
Ok yes I would call that a different name. My truck is bright silver as so as this bumper plate. So thin I wound not think it would help anything. Its more for looks then anything. However if my truck was black I would paint it black too. All my insignias are black from factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.