Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I keep reporting multiple threads in the general discussion for spam. They seem to be getting worse lately. It's obvious that they are bot created due to the horrid grammar and subjects of the threads

Is there anything that can be done other than just keep reporting them?

Thank you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7 spam threads in general discussion. Reported. Please do something about these. They are getting annoying and I'm sick of having to continually report them.

Whoever owns this board needs to step up the security protocols. Please!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 8 spam/bot threads this morning!

Is anyone from the moderation/ownership team reading this?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Yes. I'm here every day, and I've been wiping out far more than you've seen. Most get held in a moderation queue until I delete them. Some do get through, though, and I take care of those as fast as I can. In my experience, these spam posts will subside after a bit....sometimes we just have to ride it out.

Neil

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I wish these children would find another place to play. I say children because no adult would be this childish. An adult would have more respect than this. They are just a bunch of punk children with nothing worthwhile to do.
Big Red

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The threads are from bot accounts...or someone who starts them and is sitting in a basement being paid to start them.

They are all started with the intention of stealing information... getting login info... clicking on links in these threads is very dangerous.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stopped visiting this forum awhile back due to the spam threads. I came back today and noticed pages filled with the spam posts....and its worse than ever.

Any chance on being able to do something? a CAPTCHA or something when logging in?

Just curious.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
General Discussion has (2) total actual threads about Rebel's. The rest is spam. 01-03-2019 at 10:38am CST.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, as one recently banned because of the spam, I too am frustrated by the amount seen here. I am also a member of hellcat.org, same company and they have little or NO spam. Is it a lack of vigilant moderation or do they use a spam filter?

I am buying my next Ram this month, posted a towing thread and it gets vaporized because of some overzealous moderating of the excessive spam.

What recommendations to make this a better site? I want to stay the course and enjoy as much as I enjoy the Hellcat site, but the spam here is incredible. Just looking today, more than 20 threads alone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This has been cleaned up. I will also pass on the ongoing issue to the team.

- Cricket
I think I will respectfully tell you its not fixed. If you are the moderator, why have you not cleaned out all the spam threads? I personally went through the first 4 pages of the General Discussion tab, marking the spam threads (you're welcome btw..) and noting spam threads from 2 months ago.

A moderator needs to aggressively live and work this forum daily and commit to actually cleaning up the mess. To do anything less, is a dis-service to the community and perhaps you might consider relegating your role to someone more effectively cleaning up the mess that's been allowed to grow and fester here. Truly a tragic un-moderated mess.

It's interesting that ALL the spam have their country flag listed as India. Perhaps start by banning anyone associated with an Indian IP address, or for that matter, anyone outside of North America and Western Europe.

Gladly willing to help, but you really need a good and active moderator or the trash will continue to pile up and drive away potential new entries.

Thoughts or recommendations gladly sought.

·
Administrator
91 Posts
Thanks for the offer, I am gonna quickly chat to see if the mods are looking for help or if the holidays just left them with a little catching up to do. I cleared all reports out myself so if I missed anything just report it and I'll work with the rest of the site staff to keep this place clear of clutter. :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just looking at the new posts the front page is still filled with SPAM threads. Do you need us to report them all or when you come in do you look at the general forum or just reports? Just trying to be able to help clear this up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just looking at the new posts the front page is still filled with SPAM threads. Do you need us to report them all or when you come in do you look at the general forum or just reports? Just trying to be able to help clear this up
I personally reported them all, helping them to do their job better, my hope at least.

·
Administrator
91 Posts
Darn I thought I caught them all yesterday, my view of the forum shows all the posts I deleted as well, so I am not able to easily see which ones still need to get zapped. Can you link me to them?

-Gerrit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts