Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered another setting.
Under options on the Nav if you have it. You can set a speed limit alert for any MPH over the speedlimit. Ex. Set for 11mph over. Driving 47 in a 35 your car will just announce that the current speedlimit is 35. That's it. Nothing saying your speeding, just an announcement of the current speedlimit. You do not have to have it on the Nav screen either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah...my wife might divorce me over this setting. I've had it on since I got it and the speeds are wrong EVERYWHERE. Drove arou d Houston and Austin and it went off EVERYWHERE... And no better on rural roads either...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woa. I just saw that driving g tonight. Set it for 12 over. I may be turning it off by the sounds of it now. All depends on how well roads are mapped out. Have to get after Google! Lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Woa. I just saw that driving g tonight. Set it for 12 over. I may be turning it off by the sounds of it now. All depends on how well roads are mapped out. Have to get after Google! Lol

Isn't google. Can't remember the company but I contacted them already. I'll find the lame email they sent me and show you what they said.

Reactions: KDRunner

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Its NAVTEQ. Here's the email:

Thank you for inquiring about HERE Maps. Due to quality assurance testing and verification of data, the process to compile your map update and bring it to market can take 12 to 18 months. Unfortunately, with the time lapse your map’s representation may vary from reality.

We are always updating our databases and making our updates available to our customers. Please visitHERE - Map Creator and submit any disparities you notice between your map and reality. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

HERE Customer Service

P.O. Box 1588

Orem, UT 84059

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've submitted probably 20 changes already.....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Just what we need, a Bitching Betty in our trucks. (For those of you that aren't familiar, that's the nickname for the female voice used in aircraft cockpit warning systems.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard of Navteq. Long process to update I see. My maps have been fairly accurate. Have a new exit change on Highway which is now wrong, Google has to change it also.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I heard of Navteq. Long process to update I see. My maps have been fairly accurate. Have a new exit change on Highway which is now wrong, Google has to change it also.

Mine gets stuck in the loading screen so I just good old fashion road signs.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Just what we need, a Bitching Betty in our trucks. (For those of you that aren't familiar, that's the nickname for the female voice used in aircraft cockpit warning systems.)

If Betty is bitching, you shouldn't be doing what you're doing ;)

We just call her Gretchen.

·
Registered
164 Posts
haha that is very interesting. the last thing ive seen use something like that was the Garmins, they use to tell you and flash bright red when your going over.. ill have to try this out when i go up camping in two weeks to the boonies of PA. a lot of those roads don't have signs for miles haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts