Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 2017 black edition with the ram boxes, and I'm starting to second guess myself. It's still waiting to be built, so I can still change the configuration if I want. I won't be carrying much in my truck when I get stationed in North Carolina, and with the RamBox system, I cant install the GoRhino 2.0 Sport Bar. Opinions on the Ram Boxes whether they are worth it or not?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dig my RamBoxes, but I also thought about this as well cause I like the look of the Sport Bar. I figured in a year or two they will have a toolboxes, roll bars, etc. for our trucks so I am going to stick with "I like the RamBoxes".
Do you get much use of them? I can't see myself using them much except for maybe fishing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sport Bars look so 80's. Not one truck comes from the manufacture with them standard. Like what do you do with them. NOTHING. I have ram boxes and they are full of my motocross equipment, come-A-long/winch/straps, few tools etc.... there are just really useful. I love them

·
Registered
150 Posts
I love my Rambox. I also have admired some sport bars. I had considered a sport roll bar with the KC lights (a couple guys here have done this to there Rebels). Since, I won't be doing any serious off-roading any time soon in the rebel, that would be all for looks and style for me. Honestly, I am in and out of my ramboxes many time throughout the week. Like you, I debated and second guessed, but I am glad I stuck with the rambox.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I was a little hesitant myself in the beginning but after I got it....it was the best decision. I can store all my fishing gear....wow. Pleasenty pleased.

Sounds like all your military gear can go there...and they lock.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i liked the idea of those ram box, i think it is great for the extra space and the fact they can be filled with ice/water to keep drinks (cough beer) cold. i decided to not go with it only because i figured i needed the space

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Rambox was one of the reasons I purchased my pickup. So much extra storage....

Jumper Cables
Tow Strap
Tow Hooks
Windex with shop towels
Tire Pressure Gauge
Windshield Sunshade
Tool Set
First Aid Kit (basic one)
Bungee Cord Set
Machete (you never know when you'll need one!)

Now none of this sits in the cab or behind the seats. I have plenty of room left over for whatever I want. I take (2) 4000+ mile round trips per year and will be using the Rambox for camera equipment and whatever else....as it locks.

Love the Rambox...wouldn't own a Ram without them. (My personal opinion of course).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too was iffy about the Ram Box at first, but then I realized that they do come in handy and I do keep a lot of stuff in them that would clutter the bed or under seat... I love them now will not have it without them...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think the RAM Box is a great idea, I just don't like what it does to the lines of the truck.I think it takes away from the sleek look the body has.
I agree about the looks, but I couldn't pass up the utility of the ram boxes. It was the only feature I absolutely required when I was picking out my truck, and I'm pretty sure I'll never get another truck without them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.