Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory installed mopar chrome step rails, I want blackrails.
Paint?
Powder coat?
Line x?
Or trade somebody for black rails?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have the factory installed mopar chrome step rails, I want blackrails.
Paint?
Powder coat?
Line x?
Or trade somebody for black rails?
paint probably won't stay on very well. line x or trading will probably be your easiest. powder coat takes a couple days to do i think. ask the dealer if they will trade you for black ones?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you have to cut any brackets like the earlier threads reported?

There was a bracket only on the drivers side holding a wire set, i just unscrewed the 3 bolts and zip tied the wire to the frame with alittle play, the instructions are very vage and it just took longer than 30min to an hour like some have said, it was more like a 4 hour job and belive me i have experince in this stuff

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
For a couple hundred more, you can just buy the bars/steps of your choice, brand new, and sell your chrome ones on craigslist or something.

·
Registered
332 Posts
get johns bars, n fab. super easy to install and they look great.
That is still my plan once I get the finances for them in order... Reasonable price. Proper brackets and hardware. No screwing around. I can buy them semi-locally without any hassle.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I want the ones with 3 steps front back and bed
Here's the wheel-to-wheel 3-step version to fit our trucks. N-Fab sells directly for $523 plus shipping. They go for as low as $480 from distributors.

I bought their wheel-to-wheel 2-step, directly from N-Fab because they were just completing the mod to the front bracket. The 2-step version is $443 plus shipping. You can now get it from distributors for $420.

N-Fab's showing them off on a Rebel on their web site now. Better pics than I took of mine. They put the gloss blacks on it. I put on the textured black. Looking at them both, I still prefer the textured but you may prefer the gloss black. They both look good.

Here's N-Fab's pic. There's another closeup that shows the gloss better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts