·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FIXED

Notes

2018 Ram Rebel
Outside temp: 95F +
Settings: I have my truck set to NOT automatically lower into aero mode when driving above certain MPH.
I have not removed any fuses for the suspension

1) I set my truck into off road mode from normal mode. When the truck started raise I felt soft thump as it started to raise. ( i could not tell where it came from). As started to drive I noticed the trucks ride was funky. When I looked at the ride setting buttons I noticed the normal mode light was blinking but the instrument cluster was reading "off road". I figured when I came to a full stop the truck would lower back to normal mode - which it did not and this for approx 5miles of driving with 2-3 full stops for 2mins +.

2) The other funny thing was when the truck started to read offload mode in the instrument cluster - when I drove past 25mph the truck never tried to lower back to normal. I was able to drive past 60mph without the truck trying to or saying to was lowering to normal mode....

3) I parked and did not shut the truck off - I then pressed the lowering button to get the truck into normal mode (the normal mode light was blinking) but the truck would not lower. I had to shut the truck completely off and then press a air suspension mode for it to cycle. However, once the truck cycled to Off road again - I could not get the truck to lower out of road mode. The air suspension ride selection would just blink and nothing would happen on the instrument cluster.

Update: The front of the truck cannot raise past somewhere between aero/normal level. but the instrument clusters says it is raised to offroad mode.

I have most of this occurrence on video.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Update. Took my truck to new dealers service department. If people are interested I can post the multiple codes that my truck threw.

Air Suspension Control Module correction
According to the new dealer: the dealer close to house possibly made some incorrect adjustments to my "Air Suspension Control Module". Some how my ride height parameters were set much higher and lower than they should be. This was corrected by the new dealer I went to. The service adviser showed me the before and after computer settings. I am baffled as to why or how these settings got so far out of wack.

I had this done once before to adjust a driver side lean - which was corrected but the previous dealer must have done something incorrectly during the adjustment procedure.

"Stuck Button" code
In addition to the issue above - my truck was throwing a code that indicated one of my ride height buttons some how was "stuck". No clear indicator as to what caused this.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. I think I would switch Dealers if I were you. The last one sounds like a keeper.
Big Red

1 - 4 of 4 Posts