Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the stock offset for the 2016 rebel? I want to get some wheels and would like a more aggressive stance. I was told that a -12 offset would get me just outside of the wheel well. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
+18

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Moving from +18mm to -12mm is 30mm difference.

Divide 30mm by 25.4 = 1.2 inches from where the tires sit now.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
this guy is smart
Or he actually knows how to do simple math..God forbid anyone know how to do that anymore :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Just know in most cases you'll need new lug nuts...some people don't realize that

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm not really so savvy about tires and offsets as I wish I was. I'm just good at math. But this is fairly simple math. 1 inch = 2.54cm = 25.4mm

If you want to move your wheel out 1 inch, you'd move 25.4mm from +18, which would be a new offset of -6mm.

If you want to move your wheel out 2 inches, you need to move it 50.8mm (51). Starting at +18mm, to get 2" you'd have to move to -33mm offset. Or something close to that.

When I think of offset, I can get myself easily confused with which way is positive and which is negative. So my trick is to remember that more positive offset pushes the wheel farther onto the axle, and negative movement pulls it farther off the axle.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Just know in most cases you'll need new lug nuts...some people don't realize that
Yep, depending on whether the new wheels are setup for ball or tapered nuts. And you should keep a set of spare original nuts for one wheel in the truck. If you ever have to put your spare on, it will need the factory nuts. I haven't checked mine yet but I assume they're tapered (acorn)? Don't really need to worry about it unless you trade the wheels out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts