Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to race your rebel yet? How did you do against them? I have only had two people try to race me from one light to the next, both of them Raptors. Sadly I lost both times, but I didn't think about trying to switch gears manually so maybe I will do better next time. The Raptor is definitely an impressive truck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I raced a Raptor today, we were doing 70 & both punched it. I was leading by a truck length or two until I got around 105 then the Rebel seemed sluggish & the Raptor passed me up. I had the pedal on the floor & it felt like it just wouldn't go anymore after reaching 105 or so.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Not raced but did a few things drag runs doing a peak test

·
Registered
39 Posts
I raced a Raptor today, we were doing 70 & both punched it. I was leading by a truck length or two until I got around 105 then the Rebel seemed sluggish & the Raptor passed me up. I had the pedal on the floor & it felt like it just wouldn't go anymore after reaching 105 or so.
Did the same thing last Friday. The guy in the Raptor obviously knew what the Rebel was and was egging me on. However, mine didn't ground out at 105mph. Felt great and the guy in the Raptor gave a thumbs up. Think I earned his respect. Think a lot has to do with the driver. No offense obviously.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Govenor limited speed to 105 unless you remove/bypass the Govenor. Plenty of pedal left at 105, would like to see where she goes after that.

Reactions: cklonghorn
Q

·
0 Posts
I wonder if there is a governor built in somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have no interest in racing my truck for two reasons. A) Racing a heavy crew cab 4wd truck is like winning the special Olympics, even if you win you are still retarded and B) These trucks are not equipped with good enough brakes to slow you down in the event you need them. Try a panic stop in these trucks at 60, might just cure that racing itch for you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no interest in racing my truck for two reasons. A) Racing a heavy crew cab 4wd truck is like winning the special Olympics, even if you win you are still retarded and B) These trucks are not equipped with good enough brakes to slow you down in the event you need them. Try a panic stop in these trucks at 60, might just cure that racing itch for you.
I could not care less In what you have an interest in. What you do with your truck is your business not mine. The only retard here is you, posting your opinion somewhere where it does not matter.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I could not care less In what you have an interest in. What you do with your truck is your business not mine. The only retard here is you, posting your opinion somewhere where it does not matter.

So you're saying your option matters and his doesn't? Lol

The Internet is funny.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you're saying your option matters and his doesn't? Lol

The Internet is funny.
I'm saying I started this thread asking if anyone has raced their truck, not for their opinion on racing. So his post was useless to this thread. If I said what do you think about racing a rebel, than it would have meant something.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My brother had a 2013 Raptor. Got rid of it before I bought the Rebel. I use to hold a one truck lead from a dig up to around 80-90mph with my 2013 Sport. The 35" tires don't help the Ford.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just like church, hypocrites abound! Hahahahaha

I actually gave you a good piece of advice, take your truck up to speed and demonstrate a panic stop, let us know how that works out for you ;)

When I am deciding on a vehicle to race the very first thing upgraded is brakes, followed by a panic stop test. This truck, in stock form, is not well equipped for it. So take that for what it's worth. Stick to the track (pun intended). Good day Sir.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just like church, hypocrites abound! Hahahahaha

I actually gave you a good piece of advice, take your truck up to speed and demonstrate a panic stop, let us know how that works out for you ;)

When I am deciding on a vehicle to race the very first thing upgraded is brakes, followed by a panic stop test. This truck, in stock form, is not well equipped for it. So take that for what it's worth. Stick to the track (pun intended). Good day Sir.
You are an idiot.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Interesting. 1. Had to make an emergency brake maneuver and i thought that the brakes did a great job. They really grab and bite. Came to a quick stop. I think I was doing 50 or so. 2. Racing. Ya raced a mustang gt from a dig, 2010 model I think, manual. Truck has some balls. I was power braking her and keeping the rpm around 3k. Get up and go was pretty quick and the mustang was eating my dust soon nuff. Got it to 105 and backed off as he was right on my rear bumper. Mustang did the ricer move and blew by.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Love the thread!
Yes I'm that guy! I've taken down Raptors, Chevy Canyons, A Colorado zr2, and Tundras so far with my modded 2016. Next trick I'm hunting is a Chevy Duramax! Stock those damn trucks will beat the Rebel stock but mines not stock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts