Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody help with the above? I bought some mud flaps and was trying to install them over the weekend and have two stripped screws that hold the fender flares in. They won't loosen off and just sit there and spin. One is in the back at the very bottom and the other is in the front second one up I think. The one at the back you can access it from behind and I tried pushing it forward as my son was trying to loosen it off and no dice. Tried messing with the clip and that didn't work either. The one at the front it's impossible to get to from behind so I'm a bit lost. Tried different things in behind the flare to try and push it up but nothing worked.

A bit frustrating to say the least, the truck is only a week old so I'm guessing whoever installed them torqued the the screws too much. BAH! o_O

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Sounds like a loose nut behind the screw. Or something. I don't know.
When you say " stripped" I'm thinking you have no way to turn it as the head is rounded off or stripped, But in what I read, it sounds like you can turn the screw its just not backing out....

Sounds like you may have to remove the fender wheel well, and tackle the spinning nut behind the screw or figure out without removing the wheel well how to grab the loose nut and prevent it from rotating as you rotate the screw....

Or die grind the head off the screw and push it thru the other side and bingo....good to go.

good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no bolts behind them. Just the u-clip things that attach to the sheet metal. If you torque them down too tight they kind of strip and just spin on the spot.

I was thinking they need to be cut off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.