·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If you like it that is all that matters. Doesn't look "right" to me though

Reactions: Pedro Coutinho

·
Registered
567 Posts
Every time I go through my local carwash I have to take my antenna off or the beater brushes slap it all around haha. That would work for me, plus I ordered the black rebel so it would be totally inconspicuous. I like the idea!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I thought about just taking it out completely and going to an internal antenna. Most likely won't happen.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every time I go through my local carwash I have to take my antenna off or the beater brushes slap it all around haha. That would work for me, plus I ordered the black rebel so it would be totally inconspicuous. I like the idea!
FYI the radio reception goes to **** with that antenna...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
first thing i did was take that antenna off and put a shorty on, hate forgetting to take off the long one and have it slapped into the windshield

·
Registered
276 Posts
Every time I go through my local carwash I have to take my antenna off or the beater brushes slap it all around haha.
I couldn't ever imagine putting any of my vehicles through a car wash, the thought of those brushes scraping the paint makes me shudder

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I couldn't ever imagine putting any of my vehicles through a car wash, the thought of those brushes scraping the paint makes me shudder
Its not that bad...not like the old cloth ones that would get small rocks stuck in the fabric that would scratch the hell out of your paint

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its not that bad...not like the old cloth ones that would get small rocks stuck in the fabric that would scratch the hell out of your paint
I'm not worried about trapped stuff in the fabric i'm more concerned about the stuff already on the vehicle.
1st stage always for me is snow foam that "melts" the grime away and then a power wash and then a true wash with micro fiber mitts etc.
Yes, i'm anal about washing my vehicles, go to the autogeek.com forums to see what i mean :D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I don't like the stock antenna, either, but I didn't want a true stubby because I live out of town a bit and I listen primarily to FM, so I want to keep reception good. I ordered the 13" AntennaX rubber model. Should be pretty flexible, has a stouter appearance than stock, and sticks above the hood a few inches more than the stubby. Will post a pic when it comes in.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm not worried about trapped stuff in the fabric i'm more concerned about the stuff already on the vehicle.
1st stage always for me is snow foam that "melts" the grime away and then a power wash and then a true wash with micro fiber mitts etc.
Yes, i'm anal about washing my vehicles, go to the autogeek.com forums to see what i mean :D
I'm with ya ...I do understand

1 - 20 of 24 Posts