Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting this out there. There is a sunroof recall for leaky sunroofs here in Canada at least. Get to the dealer so they get you one in. They're already backordered.

Reactions: lance

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I didn't want to wait for an order, so I bought off a lot. The sunroof wasn't a make/break deal for me, but I'd have taken one if it was on the lot at the time. Glad the recall is out. Those of you that got one can maybe sleep a little easier now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered a Rebel and it isn't in yet. Is it safe to assume this would be fixed for trucks currently in production or am I going to have this issue when I get delivery of the truck?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I ordered a Rebel and it isn't in yet. Is it safe to assume this would be fixed for trucks currently in production or am I going to have this issue when I get delivery of the truck?
Bring it to their attention when they call you to set up a delivery time. They're supposed to inspect the vehicle before releasing it to the customer but I would bring it to their attention so they check for recalls.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Any reputable dealer will check/replace/install all recall and notice items when they are getting it ready for you to pick it up. As you can read a lot on here though there are fewer and fewer reputable dealers around apparently so as Ramrebellion said, "Bring it to their attention."

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
About 10 days after taking delivery i noticed a puddle on my passenger side floor mat.

A little searching and I was able to locate where it was coming through. At first I thought I had forgotten to roll up the window.

To add insult to injury the dealership gave me a base model Chrysler 200. The service department couldn't grasp why I was a little testy when they finished the warranty work. Um maybe it was that the loaner was a POS little car, or maybe it was the fact that the cash down payment I put down could have bought a loaded 2016 200 or maybe it was that I hadn't gotten 5 miles down the road with the loaner and the low gas light came on. I wasn't expecting a brand new vehicle for loaner but at least something of the same caliber.

·
Registered
181 Posts
About 10 days after taking delivery i noticed a puddle on my passenger side floor mat.

A little searching and I was able to locate where it was coming through. At first I thought I had forgotten to roll up the window.

To add insult to injury the dealership gave me a base model Chrysler 200. The service department couldn't grasp why I was a little testy when they finished the warranty work. Um maybe it was that the loaner was a POS little car, or maybe it was the fact that the cash down payment I put down could have bought a loaded 2016 200 or maybe it was that I hadn't gotten 5 miles down the road with the loaner and the low gas light came on. I wasn't expecting a brand new vehicle for loaner but at least something of the same caliber.
I hope to god mine doesn't leak eventually, as its already been thru the car was a few times, no bushes just a laser wash and no leaks so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope to god mine doesn't leak eventually, as its already been thru the car was a few times, no bushes just a laser wash and no leaks so far.
I doubt you would see the leak from just a car wash. The wet spot on my floor mat was from a night long steady rain.

Looks like symptoms described for the sunroof problem. If so, there's a recall and simple fix for it. Hopefully it's fixed right away.
Yeah, the dealer took it in the day I reported it and had it turned it around two days later.

I kinda have mixed feelings about the repair though. I worry about long term damage of water damage under the sunroof and down the A-pillar. My last two trucks rotted out from under me, even with weekly trips to the manual car wash to clean out the underside. Gotta love the feet of salt New England lays down when it threatens to snow.

When is the build date of your Ram?
Not sure the exact date but I placed the order mid August and took delivery mid October last fall. I'd have to look it up but I don't have the paperwork handy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I doubt you would see the leak from just a car wash. The wet spot on my floor mat was from a night long steady rain.

Yeah, the dealer took it in the day I reported it and had it turned it around two days later.

I kinda have mixed feelings about the repair though. I worry about long term damage of water damage under the sunroof and down the A-pillar. My last two trucks rotted out from under me, even with weekly trips to the manual car wash to clean out the underside. Gotta love the feet of salt New England lays down when it threatens to snow.

Not sure the exact date but I placed the order mid August and took delivery mid October last fall. I'd have to look it up but I don't have the paperwork handy.
What did they do to repair it? replace the gaskets on the window and the roof?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Rainwater doesn't have salt in it. And you wouldn't have had very much salt if any on the top of your truck around the sunroof at this time of year. Odds of having gotten salt into the cab with that particular leak are slim to none. If you have a garage, it would be good to leave the windows down in the garage the next few days just to help dry it out really well overnight a few times. The drier, the better. One leak won't be enough to cause the insides to rust out, although water retained in the carpeting could cause some surface rust to appear over a week or two, especially if there was salt in your carpet. I had a truck get completely doused in water, all the carpeting and part of the seats. I shop-vacced out what I could, then parked it in the sun a few days with the windows open, and night times in the garage like that. A few days later, it was completely dry, and I never had any problems with it later. Just get it dried out well, you should be fine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts