Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my Rebel in May of 2016 new and have about 164000 miles on it. I did have an issue with the typical broken studs on the manifolds, but got those fixed. Since then, everything has been running great. I'm on my third set of Toyos, averaging about 65k miles per set.

I noted some feathering on the front tires as I went to rotate the tires and based on the pattern and where on the tread it is, I suspect the struts may be reaching the end of their useful life. I have yet to test this but will do so at my earliest convenience.

Has anyone that still has air suspension had these fail? If so, where did you source the air spring/strut assembly?

The dealer wants something like $3300 for parts alone.

Note: I'm not going to get rid of the air suspension for a traditional set up. I'd sooner sell my truck and buy a Prius. It's my favorite feature and Id like to get it fixed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Both left and right on sale probably about 2k and some change your best bet might be ebay find some used ones this stuff ain't cheap, I also got all my old components off my 2017 sitting in My garage but you can probably find some one closer than canada to buy from but if worse comes to worst and you're interested we could probably work something out

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both left and right on sale probably about 2k and some change your best bet might be ebay find some used ones this stuff ain't cheap, I also got all my old components off my 2017 sitting in My garage but you can probably find some one closer than canada to buy from but if worse comes to worst and you're interested we could probably work something out
Awesome. I'm hoping that its just an alignment issue and not something worse. I'll be testing that this weekend. I appreciate the info.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
Quality comes with a price.
stay away from Monroe’s.
god do I hate Monroe’s. It’s a 50/50 chance that they will Fail within a year or two.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
Hopefully without the dreaded air suspension??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts