Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking. When the time comes for me to add lights or anything else that requires a switch, I want a spot that looks like it is supposed to be there. I mentioned in another post that I am picky about adding things to a vehicle. Some of you guys put them on the side of the console which is pretty slick. A place I was thinking is where the other buttons are under the radio and climate controls are.

20160221_195838.jpg

It may be a problem for some with every possible option since you may not have any empty spots but I have a few. I assume the blanks pop out and can be replaced with stock buttons. I haven't looked too far into this yet but there must be a switch style or two that doesn't have a seat or a steering wheel on it that makes sense to use for a light bar. Just a thought but definitely something I will look into a bit more.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So I was thinking. When the time comes for me to add lights or anything else that requires a switch, I want a spot that looks like it is supposed to be there. I mentioned in another post that I am picky about adding things to a vehicle. Some of you guys put them on the side of the console which is pretty slick. A place I was thinking is where the other buttons are under the radio and climate controls are.

View attachment 986

It may be a problem for some with every possible option since you may not have any empty spots but I have a few. I assume the blanks pop out and can be replaced with stock buttons. I haven't looked too far into this yet but there must be a switch style or two that doesn't have a seat or a steering wheel on it that makes sense to use for a light bar. Just a thought but definitely something I will look into a bit more.
Can't be done...It's a continous circuit board underneath.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw crapp.... thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams. Lol. I never thought about that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ram messed up when they took away the ability to add the aux switch panel in '13

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a real bummer. It would be such a perfect place. Well the side of the console is still a really good spot for a switch or two.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
There are plenty of options to make them look stockish..this just isn't doable though

Reactions: Rebel.Law

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dang. This was my plan for a while. I have a 30 inch light bar I was going to mount in the lower grille. Was going to do the same thing. But after reading here that we can't I'm bummed out lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts