Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I drove through a brushless car wash, the dirt was driving me nuts and I just did not have time to do it at home that day. No issues whatsoever. Next morning I get up and I get a message at startup telling showing me my passenger side brake light is out. Has the wife come out and all works well. I have her sit in the truck and sure enough everything is fine. Is there any way to clear that message that I am missing. Comes on every time I start the truck

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Water may have gotten in on the connector and giving a false reading. You can check yourself by pulling assembly out to verify/ clean or take to dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same error message and took it to the dealer. There was an issue with the third brake light. The dealer told me there isn't an error message for the third brake light so the use the passenger rear brake light.

Are you running LED bulb in the third brake light?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dano,
That’s it bud. Never thought about it as the truck on the dash shows passenger. Need to find out which bulb it is and replace it tomorrow

·
Registered
6 Posts
This thread was helpful. Same issue with dash showing passenger brake light out when it was really the center. Takes 2 min to replace and after a restart cleared itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This thread was helpful. Same issue with dash showing passenger brake light out when it was really the center. Takes 2 min to replace and after a restart cleared itself.
Agreed, it's likely one of the third brake lights that is out or going out. You can also do a battery disconnect for 15 minutes to see if that resets it. I just did this with mine and the warning and fast flashing turn signal went away. Will see when it comes back, then swap the third brake lights out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts