Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 2020 rebel for a month. The tailgate isn't staying aligned right. It wants to keep shifting toward the passenger side. And it gets to the point you cant shut the tailgate without shoving it forcefully toward the drivers side. Youll then here a pop like something fell in place. the tail gate will then shut, for another 4-5 times then the whole prosses repeats itself. I took it back to the dealer today were they took 4 hours to do a tailgate alignment, and a scratch would be a lite term. they gouged the paint on the bottom side of the tailgate. Issue is still present. going to head back tomorrow. Any one else have/had an issue like this? A functioning tailgate is pretty high up on my thing that should work on a truck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update.....they replaced the drivers side latch and put 3, 1/8" washers behind the peg that goes into the latch. something just doesn't seem right, but i guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got some pictures now to help illustrate whats happening. The tailgate has the ability to move way more then its supposed to on the shaft. Im thinking theres a rubber spacer/shime missing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.