Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
It was an interesting video. The Raptor with the long arm suspension and the posi rear is definetly a plus. I noticed the only problem the Rebel had was one area where the driver attempted to go around a spot and lost traction where the Raptor went straight thru it and had no problems. Seemed to me more like a driver issue than a truck issue.

I also noticed the prices as tested were close. My Rebel is fully loaded and a guy I work with has a Raptor that's almost as loaded as mine and the sticker price was about $9k more on the Raptor. If the prices were close like stated in the video, than that Raptor had to be stripped.

Dollar for dollar and for what most of us will actually use the trucks for and the fact that you can get a lifetime warranty with unlimited miles for the Rebel, the Rebel seems like the better deal to me.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It was an interesting video. The Raptor with the long arm suspension and the posi rear is definetly a plus. I noticed the only problem the Rebel had was one area where the driver attempted to go around a spot and lost traction where the Raptor went straight thru it and had no problems. Seemed to me more like a driver issue than a truck issue.

I also noticed the prices as tested were close. My Rebel is fully loaded and a guy I work with has a Raptor that's almost as loaded as mine and the sticker price was about $9k more on the Raptor. If the prices were close like stated in the video, than that Raptor had to be stripped.

Dollar for dollar and for what most of us will actually use the trucks for and the fact that you can get a lifetime warranty with unlimited miles for the Rebel, the Rebel seems like the better deal to me.
The Rebel is defiantly a better deal. Unless you plan on running the Baja I don't see the point in investing in a truck that I wont use half the capabilities of. The Rebel has the best capabilities for the price tag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, I think the main thing to note on price is most people are getting the Rebel for about 8-10K less than sticker. Find me one Ford dealership that will let a Raptor go for less than sticker, most of them mark it up another 5-10K. Even used, there are fully loaded Raptors with 40k+ miles still going for 52-58K+, and who knows what kind of abuse it took before getting to the lot on top of that. I definitely think the Rebel is a great deal without having to break your wallet, I have a feeling the 2017 Raptor will be even more expensive than its predecessor, which is why I went with a Rebel instead.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The raptor will be with an aluminum body. I am not quiet sold on that yet. Could start to see some cracks in the welds showing up with time and abuse. Has happened in the past with aluminum bodies when put under stress.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The raptor will be with an aluminum body. I am not quiet sold on that yet. Could start to see some cracks in the welds showing up with time and abuse. Has happened in the past with aluminum bodies when put under stress.
You'd get into an accident and crush like a soda can ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree, I think the main thing to note on price is most people are getting the Rebel for about 8-10K less than sticker. Find me one Ford dealership that will let a Raptor go for less than sticker, most of them mark it up another 5-10K. Even used, there are fully loaded Raptors with 40k+ miles still going for 52-58K+, and who knows what kind of abuse it took before getting to the lot on top of that. I definitely think the Rebel is a great deal without having to break your wallet, I have a feeling the 2017 Raptor will be even more expensive than its predecessor, which is why I went with a Rebel instead.
I wasn't even talking about the incentives on the Rebel, I was just talking about sticker price verses sticker price. With that said, not only was my co-workers Raptor $9k more on the sticker price (which is what he paid) but since my Rebel is a 2015, I actually got $8,800 knocked off the sticker price in incentives. Rebel is definetly the way to go without a question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts