Ram Rebel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't leave anything in the truck bed over night and I had a retrax on my 14 Ram which did take up some bed space. I am good with the Bakflip so far.
I just ordered the BAKflip F1 and Westin HDX Drop Steps.. bed liner to get sprayed in this week or next.

Im with you, I wouldn't leave anything valuable in the back and if someone wants to get in bad enough, nothing will stop them.

A couple of things off the want list...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Fletch..

Any water leaking problem with the bakflip? Seen some and others nothing.. wondering if I should go crazy and silicone the rails, etc.
I think you got the F1 Model and I got the MX4. The one i got has drains in the front and rear, but it is not completely water tight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well dang.. thats smart.

I wonder why that isn't the case on all models?

I was on the fence between this and the pace edwards switchblade.. hopefully I didn't make the wrong decision.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2016 Build see Signature for details

IMG_20171027_182804913.jpg
IMG_20171027_182914988.jpg

Reactions: VanHoman and Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been about a year since I picked her up, and I've been slowly working on her. So far I've done a "Frankenstein" 2" level/lift with Daystar leveling blocks up front and Revel lift links (theres a forum/video on this site and YT on how to do this and the benefits) and it sits at 41" all around in normal mode (photo is in Aero). She sits on 17x8.5 +0 Method Double Standards wrapped in Toyo RTs 35x12.5x17. Replaced the lackluster stock headlights with a DDM 55w 5500k HID kit and every halogen bulb has been replaced with LEDs. The side windows are tinted with Rayno S5 15% tint and have EGR Slimline In-Channel Vent Visors. Still waiting for my BORA .25" hub/wheel centric spacers to be shipped back to me.

Other mods I currently have on the table are a Carven Competitor Series exhaust kit with 5" tips (I cant decide on ceramic black or polished stainless tips), an S&B CAI, Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover, Pedal Commander, and Zone Heavy Duty UCAs.

I'm contemplating right now if I rip out the Daystar leveling blocks and get some CST 4" cast lift spindles or not. The blocks throw the factory geometry out of whack (although I've read that the Rebels front end geometry can be safely pushed to such limits) and I'm not sure if the polyurethane material will hold up over time. On the other hand the spindles will leave it sitting nose high by about 1"+/- and increase the track width by 1" each side up front (think prerunner). BUT THEN I get to keep 100% factory ride quality.

Decisions, decisions...

Anyone else thought of doing spindles?

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
9C7E6081-2F0F-4D05-8264-7A1A613BA1F8.jpeg No hate. It does look good. I was only joking zim. Shezzzz man, you tryin to get me in trouble? Lol
I personally prefer performance upgrades. Aside from VentShades and I got a stubby antenna, hated watching the stock one wiggle atriums as much as it did. I got a new pic today.

141 - 160 of 200 Posts