Registered
33 Posts
My latest build with 34s 18inch Gear Alloy Rims and a few extras

Attachments

Reactions: VanHoman and Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nah I got my 2014 Challenger R/T to do performance upgrades on, so no hate going on here. The truck is my DD and just leaving it as is except for some minor things like air filter element, pedal commander. I will be getting the transmission tuned once they ECU is available for purchase, I really hate how it shifts. I had it done on my previous RAM and it made a big difference on how the thing preformed.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Been about a year since I picked her up, and I've been slowly working on her. So far I've done a "Frankenstein" 2" level/lift with Daystar leveling blocks up front and Revel lift links (theres a forum/video on this site and YT on how to do this and the benefits) and it sits at 41" all around in normal mode (photo is in Aero). She sits on 17x8.5 +0 Method Double Standards wrapped in Toyo RTs 35x12.5x17. Replaced the lackluster stock headlights with a DDM 55w 5500k HID kit and every halogen bulb has been replaced with LEDs. The side windows are tinted with Rayno S5 15% tint and have EGR Slimline In-Channel Vent Visors. Still waiting for my BORA .25" hub/wheel centric spacers to be shipped back to me.

Other mods I currently have on the table are a Carven Competitor Series exhaust kit with 5" tips (I cant decide on ceramic black or polished stainless tips), an S&B CAI, Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover, Pedal Commander, and Zone Heavy Duty UCAs.

I'm contemplating right now if I rip out the Daystar leveling blocks and get some CST 4" cast lift spindles or not. The blocks throw the factory geometry out of whack (although I've read that the Rebels front end geometry can be safely pushed to such limits) and I'm not sure if the polyurethane material will hold up over time. On the other hand the spindles will leave it sitting nose high by about 1"+/- and increase the track width by 1" each side up front (think prerunner). BUT THEN I get to keep 100% factory ride quality.

Decisions, decisions...

Anyone else thought of doing spindles?

I've been thinking of ways to get 2" of lift and retain factory "normal mode" air ride quality, and considered the idea of 2" spacers with adjustable links... But I gave up on the idea when I watched the BDS lift install video - specifically the part where they disconnect the air lines to run them through the center of the spacers, then install an extension when reconnecting them. Did you not need to do this when you installed yours? Any tips or tricks to share?

Also, is the ride quality with the 2" lift spacer the same as stock?

You mentioned that the 2" lift spacers throw off the geometry...but I agree that it should not be a problem, as the Rebel has a pretty big range within its ride height adjustments - plus there are so many people running 2" of extra link height, I think we'd have heard about any issues by now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been thinking of ways to get 2" of lift and retain factory "normal mode" air ride quality, and considered the idea of 2" spacers with adjustable links... But I gave up on the idea when I watched the BDS lift install video - specifically the part where they disconnect the air lines to run them through the center of the spacers, then install an extension when reconnecting them. Did you not need to do this when you installed yours? Any tips or tricks to share?

Also, is the ride quality with the 2" lift spacer the same as stock?

You mentioned that the 2" lift spacers throw off the geometry...but I agree that it should not be a problem, as the Rebel has a pretty big range within its ride height adjustments - plus there are so many people running 2" of extra link height, I think we'd have heard about any issues by now.
I'm sure you'll see my post. I just installed leveling links. No issues! Another local here has the links and leveling spacers. To my knowledge you don't need extensions when installing leveling spacers. The BDS spacers need extensions because its a bigger spacer. I've only driven my truck with the leveling links once, but I prefer this ride better, so far, TBD on long term.
After-2.jpg

·
Registered
258 Posts
Recommended payload is super conservative, accommodating all the worst case scenarios. Acceleration was fine, braking was still better than my unloaded Cherokee, handling was fine. Toyota pulled 100k lbs plus worth of space shuttle with a stock Tundra on national tv, more than 10 times the rated towing capacity. If a was in an at fault accident and the pallet of bird seed stayed intact, I may of had issues.

161 - 180 of 200 Posts