Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the RAM Box? I can see how handy it would be to have the extra storage but worried about losing the space in the bed.

For those that went with that option, do you have any regrets?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love mine. The loss of bed space was a concern for me as well. The only lost space is thay before and aft of the wheel well. The convenience of the ram box is worth it to me. Plus the have drains so it's a good place to ice down some drinks. That eliminated the constantly present cooler. It's worth it to me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dont forget the adjustable Bed Divider (I dont know the technical name) but it has been awesome. The ram boxes worked excellent for transferring my straps misc tools ect from my old jeep.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My only potential gripe would be that with my current bed I can fit 8' things in at an angle. This wouldn't work with the ramboxes, however I'll opt for the longer bed length (come to think of it, not sure the longer 6'4" bed is available with the Rebel. I'll have to check).

Other than that, I can see no reason why I wouldn't love and use the heck out of those things. I'm jealous of anyone I see with them. Only wish dealers would order it more for units on the lot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
To answer the question above, yes, the boxes open with the cover closed.

I've never liked the ram box. Not crazy about the lines down the side of the bed that makes it look like a glove box and since I use all my trucks as trucks, bed space is very important to me.

With that said, I went to the Dealer and the only had 1 Rebel and it had the ram box. I was ready to order a truck without the ram box but they discounted the heck out of the truck. Basically the deal was too good to pass and I purchased my very first truck with a ram box.

I've had the truck 2 days and have already organized the ram boxes. The back floor of my previous trucks floor and all my door pockets were filled. The inside of my truck is clean now and doesn't look like a catch all for everything. Still getting use to that "glove box look", but I have to admit they are very useful. Overall I'm shocked that I was never a really big fan and how handy they really are. I don't think I will regret purchasing a truck with a ram box.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What do ya know? Looks like we may have a convert here. Those boxes are so freaking handy! If you don't carry anything else, you can always ice down a case of beer and park it by the pool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
loving the Ram Box would not buy again without it and the Cargo management system works wonderful to keep items from rolling around in the box, great for propane tanks and fuel cans. I tried to use the ram box as a cooler but found the ice melts entirely to quick, but very easy to drain and clean.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The ram box are definitely worth it.
As I was looking for a new truck that was the requirement unless I went to a different brand.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love the Ram Box, never would have ordered one with it but having one now I really like the use of it.
However, that said, I think I would have went with the sun roof over the ram box seeing you can't have both.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Love the ram boxes. First ones I've owned. Didn't like the narrower bed but when you think about it the space before and after the wheel wells was rarely used anyway in most cases.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love the Ram Box, never would have ordered one with it but having one now I really like the use of it.
However, that said, I think I would have went with the sun roof over the ram box seeing you can't have both.
See this was my intitial thought.. I will mis the sunroof i have enjoyed them in my past vehicles but i have used the Ram boxes alot and they have been very handy for quick access to Straps / ect while tieing stuff down in the bed.

I really wish i could have gotten both but what would be the "Alternative Option" to give up in its place?

·
Registered
35 Posts
See this was my intitial thought.. I will mis the sunroof i have enjoyed them in my past vehicles but i have used the Ram boxes alot and they have been very handy for quick access to Straps / ect while tieing stuff down in the bed.

I really wish i could have gotten both but what would be the "Alternative Option" to give up in its place?
I read, either here or another site, that someone just ordered a 2016 Rebel with the Ram Box and the sunroof. Not sure if that is true or not.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just checked Ram's web site, you can't have both. If you add the sun roof the ram box is removed and the same the other way.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts