Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to raise mine here in Michigan, because my TPS alert went off last week because I had a 7-8 psi fluctuation... really wish they would have nitrogen filled these.

I filled the fronts up to 55psi and the rear is at 50psi.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have filled mine 55/45 a day after I got the truck as they had them at all different numbers & nitro fill.
I hear nitro gives better MPG, meh! I just equalized them with regular air.
Mine fluctuates 51-55/43-45

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have filled mine 55/45 a day after I got the truck as they had them at all different numbers & nitro fill.
I hear nitro gives better MPG, meh! I just equalized them with regular air.
Mine fluctuates 51-55/43-45
Help me out- what is the advantage of having different tire pressures between the front and rear tires?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Help me out- what is the advantage of having different tire pressures between the front and rear tires?
The rear tires (generally) have more stress on them in 2wd therefore having a higher pressure can somewhat prevent premature ware. Also a it can help with heavy loads as well as towing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I personally don't know. I follow the printed pressure on the door.
I'm assuming the front end is heavier than rear end so it needs more pressure?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Trust me as a former certified Chrysler Tech run what the door recommends or slightly higher (2-3psi) and rotate tires at EVERY oil change. You will be amazed at how much longer tires last when properly inflated and rotated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have always done all of my vehicles at every oil change. Its amazing how good tires hold up with regular rotations.

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do you guys get them done at the shop when the oil is being changed or do you have the facilities to do them yourself? I personally don't have the facilities to do it myself, so I do them once a year, usually in the fall. I'm interested to see how they perform in the snow since I've never owned a set of tires such as these.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you guys get them done at the shop when the oil is being changed or do you have the facilities to do them yourself? I personally don't have the facilities to do it myself, so I do them once a year, usually in the fall. I'm interested to see how they perform in the snow since I've never owned a set of tires such as these.
i do it at the dealer with every oil change.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts