Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry don't mean to change the thread subject, but when rotating I was told with 4x4's you cross the wheels going from front to back, then back to front you keep them on the same side. Is this correct?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have always used the X pattern myself. My last three vehicles had spares that were not the same size as the road tires so I left them out of rotation.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Tire manufacturers generally recommend you follow the vehicle maker's guidelines. Ram, and Dodge before them, have usually recommended the "forward cross" (F) on their 4WD trucks. Our owners' manual says the same thing for the Rebel.
Untitled.png

·
Registered
47 Posts
For those that dont want to do it yourself you can take your new truck to any chain tire shop like big o or discount etc etc and pay for certificates, Usually around 25.00 per tire and the certificates will entitle you to have them treat you as if you bought that shops brand tire such as free balance and rotations, free flat repair, and road hazard coverage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am going to go against almost if not all here. As an auto shop teacher here in CA I do agree with you, yet I am also "old school". I currently drive a 2001 Ram Sport 1500 with 312,000 plus on it. I change my oil every 3,000 miles and the motor has never been opened up. Also the last set of tires had a 50,000 miles warranty on them and one of them blew on a road trip last summer with just over 65,000 miles on them and 7/32 of tread wear left and the all had 60 psi on them and they never were rotated. They blew due to age and not tire wear.

My rule is that if you take care of the truck it will take care of you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taking care of your tires includes replacing them at 6-7 years of age regardless of tread depth. Old tires do not perform as the were designed and are at a much higher chance of a failure rate. Keeping old tires on your tractor on the farm is not the same as your truck going 75-80 down the interstate hauling a load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just realized that my tire max cold pressure was 44psi and have been following what the placard has recommended. I have the upgraded 20" Ram wheels and they came with Goodyear Wranglers SR-A's, so obviously there was a mistake in specing these tires on the truck since I'm greatly over inflating the fronts at 55psi! Woops! Looks like I have to start shopping for another set of summer tires! I'm just glad I caught it and they haven't had an issue. Although I'm a bit surprised the techs at the dealer where I have it serviced never noticed. :/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Follow the factory recommendations and you will not go wrong. Why? Because the exaustinly tested the truck and found the best psi front and rear and rotation intervals, For best comfort and economy. They know better! :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts