Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased rebel. Wanted towing mirrors! Dealer could not locate one in 300 ml radius. Pulling 32 ft travel trailer. Question is do I need the mirrors. Most likely I will have to purchase mirrors and brake control separate and install. Or may stop order of purchase of Rebel.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I purchased mine without towing mirrors and had the dealer install them. It took about 2 weeks for them to come in.

Also, the towing mirrors are manual fold in. Thought the dealer installed the wrong mirrors but I did some research and you lose the power fold in when you install them.

There are some aftermarket companies that make slip on mirrors that you can get for right now if you need them quick.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wanted towing mirrors and when the dealer told me I would lose the fold in I said no. For years I put on extensions so I am going to keep doing that. You can get a rebel with a break controller installed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just purchased rebel. Wanted towing mirrors! Dealer could not locate one in 300 ml radius. Pulling 32 ft travel trailer. Question is do I need the mirrors. Most likely I will have to purchase mirrors and brake control separate and install. Or may stop order of purchase of Rebel.
Did you actually purchase the truck or is it on order? My truck came with a full towing package (minus towing mirrors). I have the hitch, pre-wired for a 4-way trailer and a trailer with electric brakes and I have the electric brake controller factory installed as well.

Also, typically a factory towing package gives you a tranny cooler, larger battery and a larger alternator. Although the Rebel might come with some of these features with or without a towing package just because of the way the truck was built / designed.

If you haven't taken delivery of the truck yet, I would cancel the order and order one with a full towing package. Putting factory towing mirrors or extensions on is going to come down to personal preference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you actually purchase the truck or is it on order? My truck came with a full towing package (minus towing mirrors). I have the hitch, pre-wired for a 4-way trailer and a trailer with electric brakes and I have the electric brake controller factory installed as well.

Also, typically a factory towing package gives you a tranny cooler, larger battery and a larger alternator. Although the Rebel might come with some of these features with or without a towing package just because of the way the truck was built / designed.

If you haven't taken delivery of the truck yet, I would cancel the order and order one with a full towing package. Putting factory towing mirrors or extensions on is going to come down to personal preference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truck is in transit from another dealer. It has towing package. The mirrors I will be buying separate but on back order. So I will have the option of either mirror. using Brake control from another truck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Since I had the towing mirrors installed after the fact, I actually still have the original mirrors. I don't tow during the winter (usually) and my summer towing is limited to where I actually need the mirrors. It literally only takes about 15 minutes to swap the mirrors over. I haven't put the originals back on yet, but I think I'm going to for the winter and than just swap them out next summer when I go on vacation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trailer tow mirror kit 82214909AB power heated puddle lamp and turn, pretty sure not power fold though

·
Registered
85 Posts
Truck is in transit from another dealer. It has towing package. The mirrors I will be buying separate but on back order. So I will have the option of either mirror. using Brake control from another truck.
I contacted a dealer about a truck I was looking at before I ordered and asked about the trailer brake controller. Apparently it's pre wired for it and it's just a module they install behind the dash where it comes factory. Imo, this is a better choice than running an aftermarket system into a new truck. It's not too bad on price and for a new truck, having it look (and actually be) factory is a big deal.

Once you start messing with wiring, you could be messing with your factory warranty.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I tow a 34ft camper in the summer. I have the regular folding mirrors and find I am ok with backing up as I use my wifey as a ground guide, she's great at it! I am going to add the break controller from the dealer. Once installed they re-flash the VIN to make it warranted with my extended warranty. Each of the options I believe is more to the way you use your truck and you must find your own comfort level in these type of mods.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Mine has the luxury package and I like the powered folding mirrors, I like to be able to fold them in at some drive thru windows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
New part number 82214909AC

·
Registered
22 Posts
I asked the dealer about installing tow mirrors on mine, and they said there's a few Rebels (depends on the VIN) that will not accept them. Apparently, mine is one of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Have a Brand New Set Of Trailor Tow Mirrors , That Have The Power Fold Feature , I Have These On My Rebel Now And Are Exactly Like The Factory, And You Get To Keep Your Power Fold Option , Will Post Up Pics Soon , $325 Plus Shipping, These Mirrors Have Never Been MountedAnd Are In Original Box

1 - 20 of 30 Posts