Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm highly considering purchasing a enclosed trailer (my first ever) and I'm debating back and forth on either getting a 7 X 14 trailer ..

Or a 8.5 X 20 ...

Can the rebel handle that big of a trailer? I don't plan on hauling a car but would like the option if the need arises.

Both are priced about the same so just debating back and forth whether I want a smaller trailer with lots of cool bells and whistles ... or a bigger trailer with less cool things but way more options to add later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I decided to put a car ( Dodge Charger) in the trailer and haul it, would the truck be able to handle that kind of weight? I mostly plan on just hauling some motorcycles and maybe using the trailer as a portable "shop".

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I decided to put a car ( Dodge Charger) in the trailer and haul it, would the truck be able to handle that kind of weight? I mostly plan on just hauling some motorcycles and maybe using the trailer as a portable "shop".

Easy way to answer your question is determine the weight of the trailer empty, the car you will be putting in, and then add about 200lbs for a safety factor. As long as you are within the load numbers the truck is rated for, you should be good. Of course make sure you use the proper hitch set up.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Mine pulls my 69 Mustang, with lots of extras in the trailer, in a 24' enclosed with 0 issues. Pulls like a champ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.