Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 rebel 5.7 hemi 3:92 rear end , I want to pull my muscle car to shows out of town to save the miles on the car . I have an open steel trailer 1600 pounds empty my car weights about 3800 pounds so total towing weight is about 5400 lbs , I know this is nothing for my truck to pull . My question is , is a weight distribution hitch really nessassary . What are you guys pulling can you advise and maybe post pictures
Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have 2 trailers I pull. My enclosed trailer is about 6,500 - 7,000 lbs loaded and has electric brakes and my open trailer is about 2,800 lbs loaded and does not have brakes. The main problem I have with both trailers is the trucks brakes. The trucks brakes do not work very well with heavy trailers. I’ve even upgraded my brakes to drilled and slotted brakes designed for towing and hauling and although it is an improvement, it is still too much weight for the 1/2 ton brake system.

With the exception of the brake issue, the acceleration and over all handling while going down the road is fine and I do not use a weight distribution hitch.

I’m actually looking at buying another 2500 or possibly a 3500 for my towing as its the one complaint I have about my Rebel. I’m going to keep my Rebel as my primary vehicle and just buy a heavier truck for my towing needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts