Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while. Had my 2017 Rebel for about 2 weeks. I have wanted one of these since they came out, and love the truck.

We are on the way home from July 4th fun and my tire light came on. Switched over to the Psi view and the front tires are on 70 and the rear 65. Will tpms go off for over inflated tires? The door says 55 and 45 cold, are my tires to high. Its 85 out right now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pretty sure it will go off for over inflation. Deflate your tires to the right pressure and check to see if it goes off. Sometimes with the heat too it will fluctuate pressure as well. Get that in extreme cold on the winter. Just keep an eye is all.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Pretty sure it will go off for over inflation. Deflate your tires to the right pressure and check to see if it goes off. Sometimes with the heat too it will fluctuate pressure as well. Get that in extreme cold on the winter. Just keep an eye is all.
Yeah, what he said.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was just told by a Chain Tire shop, that if I add a 5th tire sensor, it could cause a issue with the TPMS. I like to do a 5 tire rotation and would like the 5th sensor. So far I have not received a answer from my local dealer. Does anyone know if I add a 5th sensor, would it cause any issues?. The vehicle I plan on adding the sensor to is a 2017 Rebel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was just told by a Chain Tire shop, that if I add a 5th tire sensor, it could cause a issue with the TPMS. I like to do a 5 tire rotation and would like the 5th sensor. So far I have not received a answer from my local dealer. Does anyone know if I add a 5th sensor, would it cause any issues?. The vehicle I plan on adding the sensor to is a 2017 Rebel.
Wow, that's a good question. I much prefer 5 tire as well. I did this on my Jeep but it has five sensors. And shoot, I just left my favorite tire place before thinking about this very thing.
On the Jeep anyway, I don't think the spare was monitored when not rotating on the ground. I could leave it off without an error.

Issue I did find out after the Rebel purchase, is the spare while "full size", isn't the same size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just ordered the correct tire, but in the mean time, the Local Tire Shop programed my sensor (for the Left Rear), it is sitting in the center console and no issues. I did find a article by TPMS: 2011-2015 Chrysler Ram Pickups - Service - Modern Tire Dealer..... I would not think there would be a huge difference with the 2017 model. When installed will just have to wait until I do the rotation to be completely sure if there will be a issue. Never did hear from the dealer and that is strike 2 on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.