Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls. I switched from a F150 FX4 to a 2015 Ram Rebel couple months ago and it was awesome for the first bit. Last trip back home, 3400km into the truck I got the Check Electronic Breaking System, Check Trailer Breaks, Check ABS messages and the ABS and Traction control lights stayed ON, on the cluster. When I got home after about 500km since I got the lights there was some kind of fluid all over my rear driver side Tire. Got it towed to a dealership about 300km away because I live in a Rural Area, and they said I need my rear right brakes and the break hose replaced. After a few days I called to check the progress and now they say I need the whole differential changed and its on order which will take 10 days. I was wondering if any of you have any traction issues. If not just a heads up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes. Between me and my dealer, everything has been checked. A case has been opened with Ram. If they can't come up with something, the dealer will change the computer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Seat heater and steering wheel heater come on with remote start when outside temp is below 36°. What was outside temp and is your outside temp reading correctly. Not a mechanic here but it is in the manual. Mine came on this morning first time..34°.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like the bearings are missing from the cage. That's not good!
EDIT : No sooner did I go to my other pages that I see this article.... Fiat Chrysler Recalls Ram Pickups, Jeep Cherokees for Different Issues
I seen that this morning. I live in a rural area and my closest dealership is 300km away. Good thing that I was able to make it home without a wheel separating. Still sucks to live without a vehicle for 2 weeks and it seems like FCA doesn't really care because they have refused to compensate me for anything so far. I love the Ram Rebel and when the recall is fixed I'm sure it will be OK, but not happy with FCA at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Guys and Girls. I switched from a F150 FX4 to a 2015 Ram Rebel couple months ago and it was awesome for the first bit. Last trip back home, 3400km into the truck I got the Check Electronic Breaking System, Check Trailer Breaks, Check ABS messages and the ABS and Traction control lights stayed ON, on the cluster. When I got home after about 500km since I got the lights there was some kind of fluid all over my rear driver side Tire. Got it towed to a dealership about 300km away because I live in a Rural Area, and they said I need my rear right brakes and the break hose replaced. After a few days I called to check the progress and now they say I need the whole differential changed and its on order which will take 10 days. I was wondering if any of you have any traction issues. If not just a heads up.
Mine was built in July with the 3:92 gears, just wondering what axle did you have. Called in my vin and no outstanding recalls as of today.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a build date of Jul 2015. I took mine into the dealership this weekend and it showed nothing regarding the recall at this time. As for the checkup everything looked good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the 3.92 as well. When the repair was completed it still didn't come up as a recall in their system. The symptoms I had somewhat matches the recall though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This is kinda scary...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Have a recall number on it?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts