Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have purchased and installed a factory trailer brake switch. I took it today to the dealer I bought it from to have it flashed. They had it all day and now tell me that the switch is bad and they ordered a new one. My question is for those of you that already have a switch if you do not have a trailer connected does the dash indicator say trailer brake not connected? That is what mine says and I think it's because it's not connected and no functions for adjustment are available. I'm going to find a trailer to connect to tomorrow I hope.
Thanks for any comments.
Brian

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine came with the option. Says trailer brake not connected also

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have found out that in order for any thing to be set a trailer needs to be plugged in, otherwise if nothing is plugged in the dash display will always read "Trailer Brake not Connected". I went to a trailer shop today and he plugged in a test plug with a magnet. The 30amp fuse blew, same as what dealer told me happened to them. Very frustrating, wanted to tow my Jeep to SMORR next weekend for some offroad fun. Dealer tells me he has no idea when he can get a new switch and half think there may be a short in wiring somewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello everyone. I have purchased and installed a factory trailer brake switch. I took it today to the dealer I bought it from to have it flashed. They had it all day and now tell me that the switch is bad and they ordered a new one. My question is for those of you that already have a switch if you do not have a trailer connected does the dash indicator say trailer brake not connected? That is what mine says and I think it's because it's not connected and no functions for adjustment are available. I'm going to find a trailer to connect to tomorrow I hope.
Thanks for any comments.
Brian
I just hooked up my trailer box. Struggled to find the patch connector under the dash but once patched in, did Not need the dealership to flash. I purchased an inexpensive Curt brake controller and their patch cord, it took 3 minutes to hook up once I found that well hidden factory brake connector. Are you using an OEM. Brake product because I see many posts stating that the dealer must Flash in to recognize the brake box?? Mine works great but nothing appears on my dash indicating it's been hooked up. Good luck !!! Scott.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.