Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy a set up for train horns. Has anyone done it yet on this truck or a previous ram. Where would be the best place to mount and best equipment to buy. If you have them already pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
One mod I have never done (amazing since I thought I had done just about everything) but I'd be interest as well

Reactions: ARALPH30

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a set. Just waiting on time to install it. I figure the horns to mount behind the grill as there is plenty of room. Might mount the tank on the transfer case skid plate as there is room on the pasagner side. Maby the compressor next to it. We will see.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I looked under the truck and unerneath on the drives side there is a lot of empty space. I think the entires setup will work on the driver side. I also have a tank off an old truck and all the pumps already. Just need the train horns and some brackets and some spare time. I'll keep you guys posted if I get around to doing this and I'll post pics.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Okay so I looked under the truck and unerneath on the drives side there is a lot of empty space. I think the entires setup will work on the driver side. I also have a tank off an old truck and all the pumps already. Just need the train horns and some brackets and some spare time. I'll keep you guys posted if I get around to doing this and I'll post pics.
Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Has anyone done this yet? Any pics?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
When I was a teen (long, long ago) we had a Swedish exchange student in our high school, small town in Illinois. He had to have a car like the rest of us, and he found a VW bug real cheap. First thing he did was mount air horns under the front of it and a big air tank in the back seat. He used to drive up behind old women at red lights and scare the bejeezus out of them. One of the funniest things I'd ever seen at the time. This reminds me of him.

I just like the low tone of those horns (especially ship horns) and I've looked around for some quieter but similar horns. Most of them are in the 140+ db range, making them too loud for general passenger vehicles. 110 db is about the highest volume allowed in a lot of places.

Would love to have a really loud one under the rear bumper for the clowns that feel they have to tailgate you at 70+ mph even with open lanes around you.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sweeeet, I can't wait!

·
Registered
156 Posts
4WheelParts has train horn kit. I email company a few months ago and they don't have a setup for RAM trucks yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Reactions: ARALPH30

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's Monday!! What;s the hold up ARALPH30? LOL

Reactions: joe

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went to do it. All I needed to buy was the train horns and the place was closed on Sunday's ..... Poor planning on my end.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts