Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2016 Rebel with 8000 miles on it got stuck in park and no matter what I did I couldn't get the selector dial to move. Called roadside assistance and they came to my house in less than 30 minutes to tow it to the dealership. Nothing mechanically went wrong but the service manager said that the air suspension module lost its programming and needed to be reset by the diagonistics machine. I got it back within a day. Has anyone else experienced this or heard of this happening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same thing happen the first year I had my 2016 rebel. It goes into protection mode if you are backing up and put the truck in reverse without coming to a full stop. The truck that you are trying to pull something to heavy and it goes into this mode to protects the the drive train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 2018 had an issue that sounds similar. I could not turn the shift selector out of park. The changed the shift module. Oh and the complete air suspension was replaced

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2016 Rebel with 8000 miles on it got stuck in park and no matter what I did I couldn't get the selector dial to move. Called roadside assistance and they came to my house in less than 30 minutes to tow it to the dealership. Nothing mechanically went wrong but the service manager said that the air suspension module lost its programming and needed to be reset by the diagonistics machine. I got it back within a day. Has anyone else experienced this or heard of this happening.
Mine did the same today, shift relay, had it towed to the dealership. But after 102,000 miles and this is my first repair I’m not complaining. Still not a fan of the dial shifter though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts