Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I used the remote start. I got in and drove off. The radio display was as if the screen off button was pressed. The air was on and I was able to adjust using the knob. Radio was working just the display wasn't. This happened to me a few weeks ago I turned off and on the truck and it worked just fine after that. This morning when it happened, I turned it off but the truck would not turn back on. The ignition would come up and it seemed every error came up on the instrument cluster (service air suspension, service electronic brake system, etc). The cluster said to press the clutch and push to start but this wouldn't work. I wasn't able to put the truck in neutral. At one point it said fob not detected and the red security light came on. The fob would still unlock and lock the doors. The remote start didn't work anymore. I called roadside and they towed it to the dealership. The dealership didn't have an update this afternoon. It has 10,000 miles on it. Has anyone had this issue or know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Dealership called today and said they ran tests on the computer and everything came back fine. They said it may be the off road light causing all this. The light is only connected to the battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's a classic dealer tactic to try and deflect blame. To cover your ass, re check your ground and all connections you've made for your light, and take a measurement for parasitic draw (amps) the light makes when off and ensure its in spec and not actually slowly draining the battery. Fought with a Chevy dealer over an amplifier I had installed in my last truck. Problem wound up being a bad alternator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I figured it was a tactic. I put the light on within the first month of getting the truck. I don't think I've turned on the light in the last month and all of a sudden this happened. They wanted to charge $175 "to reroute the wiring" and would let me know on Monday. I'm sure the truck starting working again when it got there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I HATE with a passion, how dealerships will screw people over when it comes to stuff like this. Basically they don't want to take the time to truly figure out, what is wrong with it, and actually have to pay for it under a warranty claim. I personally installed a "Papago" 535 camera system in my car that is small and discrete enough that the mechanics never knew it was there nor that it was constantly recording them.. low and behold, when I got my dodge back one day from them, I had a meeting with the CEO of the company and he was shocked to see what he didn't know was going on behind closed doors... highly recommend getting this or a similar camera system to CYA!

PAPAGO! | GoSafe 535 Dash Camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I HATE with a passion, how dealerships will screw people over when it comes to stuff like this. Basically they don't want to take the time to truly figure out, what is wrong with it, and actually have to pay for it under a warranty claim. I personally installed a "Papago" 535 camera system in my car that is small and discrete enough that the mechanics never knew it was there nor that it was constantly recording them.. low and behold, when I got my dodge back one day from them, I had a meeting with the CEO of the company and he was shocked to see what he didn't know was going on behind closed doors... highly recommend getting this or a similar camera system to CYA!

PAPAGO! | GoSafe 535 Dash Camera

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll have to look into that camera! I kept an eye on my truck. I went up there on the Sunday it sat on the lot and it started just fine. All they did was move the ground off the battery to where the battery gets the ground from the frame. They wanted 175 for that. Anyway, I never heard from them until Tuesday and they said that the battery reads 12.3 with the light ground on the battery and 13.7 when it's off haha. I asked when they were able to fix it and they told me they pushed the truck into the bay on Monday. Not only that but I was taking screen shots from the uconnect app which tells me almost exactly which parking spot the truck is parked. The truck never moved since at least Friday or Saturday. When I called them out they said they would waive the charge. I'm sure they just did an update with the computer. I took the light bar off so if it happens again the only thing they have to blame now is the window tint.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll have to look into that camera! I kept an eye on my truck. I went up there on the Sunday it sat on the lot and it started just fine. All they did was move the ground off the battery to where the battery gets the ground from the frame. They wanted 175 for that. Anyway, I never heard from them until Tuesday and they said that the battery reads 12.3 with the light ground on the battery and 13.7 when it's off haha. I asked when they were able to fix it and they told me they pushed the truck into the bay on Monday. Not only that but I was taking screen shots from the uconnect app which tells me almost exactly which parking spot the truck is parked. The truck never moved since at least Friday or Saturday. When I called them out they said they would waive the charge. I'm sure they just did an update with the computer. I took the light bar off so if it happens again the only thing they have to blame now is the window tint.

I love my camera setup, it told me exactly that they did.. more like didn't do, and when they said my car wasn't ready yet, I proved they were full of **** when I showed them my car had been sitting in the same spot since that morning. Anyways, I HATE liars and I do my best to do whatever I can to call them out and see to it that they are brought to justice for it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine is mounted currently in my 2015 charger, behind my rear view mirror on the right side if sitting in the driver seat. I already bought another camera and will be installed in the truck as soon as by truck is delivered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This morning I used the remote start. I got in and drove off. The radio display was as if the screen off button was pressed. The air was on and I was able to adjust using the knob. Radio was working just the display wasn't. This happened to me a few weeks ago I turned off and on the truck and it worked just fine after that. This morning when it happened, I turned it off but the truck would not turn back on. The ignition would come up and it seemed every error came up on the instrument cluster (service air suspension, service electronic brake system, etc). The cluster said to press the clutch and push to start but this wouldn't work. I wasn't able to put the truck in neutral. At one point it said fob not detected and the red security light came on. The fob would still unlock and lock the doors. The remote start didn't work anymore. I called roadside and they towed it to the dealership. The dealership didn't have an update this afternoon. It has 10,000 miles on it. Has anyone had this issue or know what the problem could be?[/Q

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made an account just to post this.

I had the same issue. Took it to the dealership. There is some update they can do to the computer system. Hasn't done it since. Give them a call.
Same issue...2021 Rebel 700 miles and had exactly the same issues. Started fine earlier in day then came to start at lunch and wouldn’t start. Everything came on but no go...said to press brake and start button. Did it several times before calling dealership. We will see. Not happy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.