Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Toyota Tundra but am considering taking a real close look at the Rebel when it becomes available. I had a tuner installed a few months after a got the truck and for being a gas truck the turner made a world of difference. What tuners would you recommend for dodge in general and how long before we see one for the rebel ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I currently have a Toyota Tundra but am considering taking a real close look at the Rebel when it becomes available. I had a tuner installed a few months after a got the truck and for being a gas truck the turner made a world of difference. What tuners would you recommend for dodge in general and how long before we see one for the rebel ?
I would highly recomend the Diablo InTunes for the Ram trucks. I had this tuner in my 2012 Laramie and it was an amazing tuner. Only problem is I read on the Diablo site that chrysler made some changesto the pcm so now we need to by a pcm from Diablo before installing custom tunes. Other wise truck may not start after installing tune in OEM pcm.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As mentioned above, Diablosport is the only one with a tuner available for the 2015+ Ram pickups and you looking at about a grand for a new pcm and tuner, not worth it for such little gains in my opinion. I actually have a Diablosport T1000 from my last ram and was hoping they would crack the code without the use of a new PCM but may end up selling it soon if that will be the only option available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry just read what I posted..it didn't make sense...lol. What I mentioned to say is that Bully Dog may have one ready at the end of the month for the 2016 Rebel. Waiting for my buddy that has inside connection to get info on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it will work but at this point if I'm reading it correctly, you just have to custom tune it. If they are releasing some preloaded tunes in the near future though, even better. I was looking into testing the SCT since I have a few on the shelves here but may wait if theres some preloaded tunes coming

Reactions: PD2BP253

·
Registered
40 Posts
So thr the Bully Dog is the SCT X4?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the intune/pcm from hemifever directly.. it should be here Tuesday.. Buying the PCM is a pain but any tuner is going to require an unlocked PCM.. I chose to get a spare since I have 3000km on the truck and I don't want to go in for warranty service with an unlocked PCM just to have them overwrite it.. Not going to mod the truck too much... K&N drop in panel filter is in.. and probably go with an 18" magnaflow.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought the intune/pcm from hemifever directly.. it should be here Tuesday.. Buying the PCM is a pain but any tuner is going to require an unlocked PCM.. I chose to get a spare since I have 3000km on the truck and I don't want to go in for warranty service with an unlocked PCM just to have them overwrite it.. Not going to mod the truck too much... K&N drop in panel filter is in.. and probably go with an 18" magnaflow.
What does that one cost with the new pcm also lmk how it works for you. Do you know the "hp gains" from it ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What does that one cost with the new pcm also lmk how it works for you. Do you know the "hp gains" from it ?
999 for the pcm , tuner and tune. they say about 30 hp. Make sure you specify if you want mds off or not. Because they leave it on by default and he had to resend tunes with it turned off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry just read what I posted..it didn't make sense...lol. What I mentioned to say is that Bully Dog may have one ready at the end of the month for the 2016 Rebel. Waiting for my buddy that has inside connection to get info on it.
Just wondering if bully dog got the tuner done

1 - 15 of 15 Posts