Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What phone works better with the u-connect.
On my Ford the IPhone worked better then my Samsung, IPhone had more options.
But on my Rebel my IPhone 7 plus, I cannot get my text messages alerts or voice to text through U-connect. Unless there is something I am doing wrong? (I just have it set up through Bluetooth)
So do you use your IPhone or Samsung or another phone on U-connect and if so what features do you have when it's connected? And how do you have it connected USB or Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance
Wolvie

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I'm using the new S8 on my with no issues. Are the settings on your phone correct. Allow messages and text to connect with device....or something like that....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Curlyp
Yep have that checked off as well.
Do you have yours hook up by Bluetooth or USB?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is connected with Bluetooth and I have no issues. Press the Assist button to call the Unconnect customer service. They will help you reset the radio and reconnect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zim
Correct everything is checked, may I ask on you S8 do you have it hooked up by USB or Bluetooth, and does your text show up on the screen? And let you push to talk text to reply?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It's Bluetooth connected and I don't ever recall text being displayed on uconnect screen...didn't see the option. Uconnect reads the text to me when I hit listen, and when I hit reply, I talk/say my messages to uconnect and she reads it back, than I say send....

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's Bluetooth connected and I don't ever recall text being displayed on uconnect screen...didn't see the option. Uconnect reads the text to me when I hit listen, and when I hit reply, I talk/say my messages to uconnect and she reads it back, than I say send....
Correct. Mine does the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, my Ford the text came on screen. And if I was driving I could hit listen and it would talk the message to me.
So when you get a text what comes up on screen? Does it let you know some how that you got a text message?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh, my Ford the text came on screen. And if I was driving I could hit listen and it would talk the message to me.
So when you get a text what comes up on screen? Does it let you know some how that you got a text message?

Mine shows both. Here is a video of mine.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Kind of funny when you think about it. It's just as complicated to read all the menu texts and press all the buttons as it is to just use the phone. Maybe even more so. Distracted driving isn't getting better.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Have you done the firmware update?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.